- 200 gram brown rice
- 1000 gram water (cold)
- 20 gram white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 2.5 cm lemongrass, White section - chopped into three
- 30 gram almonds
- 15 gram Currents
- 15 gram pepitas
- 2 spring onions, Green section only - sliced very finely
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, (1 big handful), roughly chopped
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add water to Mixing bowl and then weigh rice into the basket (no need to pre-rinse). Cook Rice 30 min/Veroma/speed 4
Remove basket and ensure all water is drained from basket before moving to a salad bowl. Set rice into salad bowl and let rice cool towards room temperature.
Add almonds to mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/speed 7. Add chopped almonds, currents, spring onions (finely sliced) and a big handful of flat leaf parsely (roughly chopped) to the rice.
Add lemongrass to mixing bowl and finely chop 8 sec/speed 8. Remove and add to salad. Don't clean the mixing bowl.
Add all dressing ingredients to mixing bowl with any last remaining lemongrass and mix for 1 min/speed 3 to combine. Scrape down.
Add dressing to salad and mix well to combine
Recipe suits 4 side serves, or 2-3 larger portions.
Could be doubled.
Adaptation for TM31 - use speed 2 for cooking rice and check if cooked after alloted time. Extend time if needed.
For added spice - you can add a smidge of cayenne pepper...but be careful.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Durban Naan
- Mashed Potato and Steamed Vegetables (Steamer and Varoma)
- Mexican Rice
- Stir Fry Broccoli
- Loaded Hash Browns
- Red Cabbage, Beetroot & Apple Sauerkraut (Adaption from The Clever Guts Diet)
- Festive Avacado Dip
- Cauliflower Zuccini rice with cashew nuts
- Oma's warm Red Cabbage with Apple
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Mash and steamed veg
- Curry Pea Soup
- Pumpkin lasagne
- Pumpkin & Chickpea Coconut Curry
- Chocolate coconut macaroons Gluten Free, Dairy Free, Paleo, Egg Free, AIP
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Lamb and Feta Meatballs
- Durban Naan
- Tuna Mornay
- Bulk Batch Mini Quiches 54 - 62 approx
- CREAMY SWEET POTATO SECRET RISOTTO spinach mushrooms parmesan
- Roasted Capsicum and Tomato soup with Goats Cheese
- Apricot Slice