- 200 gram brown rice
- 1000 gram water (cold)
- 20 gram white wine vinegar
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1/2 tsp Chinese Five Spice
- 20 gram olive oil
- 1 tsp honey
- 1 pinch salt
- 2.5 cm lemongrass, White section - chopped into three
- 30 gram almonds
- 15 gram currants
- 15 gram pepitas
- 2 spring onions, Green section only - sliced very finely
- 1/4 bunch flat leaf parsley, (1 big handful), roughly chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Add water to Mixing bowl and then weigh rice into the basket (no need to pre-rinse). Cook Rice 30 min/Veroma/speed 4
- Remove basket and ensure all water is drained from basket before moving to a salad bowl. Set rice into salad bowl and let rice cool towards room temperature.
- Add almonds to mixing bowl and chop 1 sec/speed 7. Add chopped almonds, pepitas, currants, spring onions (finely sliced) and a big handful of flat leaf parsely (roughly chopped) to the rice.
- Add lemongrass to mixing bowl and finely chop 8 sec/speed 8. Remove and add to salad. Don't clean the mixing bowl.
- Add all dressing ingredients to mixing bowl with any last remaining lemongrass and mix for 1 min/speed 3 to combine. Scrape down.
- Add dressing to salad and mix well to combine
Accessories you need
Recipe suits 4 side serves, or 2-3 larger portions.
Could be doubled.
Adaptation for TM31 - use speed 2 for cooking rice and check if cooked after alloted time. Extend time if needed.
For added spice - you can add a smidge of cayenne pepper...but be careful.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Paleo Apple Cake
- Khichari / Kachari / Kacaharee / Kachari / Kchree /
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Melting Moments
- Cacao Pistachio Bliss Balls
- Raisin bread
- Thermofied by Nads - Meg Yonson Jerk Salmon Bowl
- JUMBO BREAD LOAF
- Maltese Galletti
- Sourdough discard Raisin Bread
- Potato Gnocchi with creamy chicken and mushroom
- Quick & easy pancakes