- 400 grams cabbage
- 10 grams sea salt
- filtered water
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Add cabbage and salt into Mixing Bowl. Chop 2-3 seconds, speed 4.5. The cabbage pieces should be a good size to eat with a fork but not too fine.
Mix 5 minutes, , Speed . This process will help release liquid from the cabbage.
Scrape the sides of the Mixing Bowl. Mix 3 minutes, 37C, , .
Add contents of Mixing Bowl into a glass jar. Fill the jar up to about 80% of the jar capacity (not right to the top). Press cabbage to the bottom of the jar with a spoon or a small glass.
Add water to jar to ensure it covers the cabbage and has an extra 1cm of water on top of the cabbage. Again, press cabbage to the bottom of the jar with a spoon or a small glass.
Close the jar with a lid and leave it to ferment at room temperature for at least 2 days. Depending on the ambient temperature and your taste preference, leave to ferment for up to 3 weeks.
Once a day, check the jar and press cabbage to the bottom of the jar with a spoon or a small glass.
Refrigerate sauerkraut once desired taste has been reached.
Store sauerkraut in the fridge for a few months.
Thhis is a super simple recipe for those that wish to get started with fermenting. Check out my other recipes for additional fermented recipes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- Christmas Salad
- Variation Honey Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Better than K*C Coleslaw
- Ayurvedic Quinoa Khichari with Mung Dal, Carrot & Kale
- Mashed potatoes
- Cucumber Yoghurt (kheyar b laban)
- Saute Sweet corn Kernel
- Asian Slaw Dressing
- Dairy Free Potato Salad
- Cauliflower Cheese & Bacon Fritters
- Roquette and Mixed Bean Salad
- OJ - Sugar Free Orange Juice
- Simple Fermented Vegetables
- Moroccan Chickpea and Carrot Salad
- Basic Pumpkin Puree
- Tasty Chicken and Vegetable Stir Fry
- Cauliflower and Egg Soup
- Gluten Free Summer Gazpacho - Cold Tomato Soup
- Refreshing Summer Gazpacho - Cold Tomato Soup
- LSA Mix ( Linseed, Sunflower seeds, Almonds)
- Figs and Seeds Bars - no bake and nut free