- 50 g wild rice
- 1 tsp vinegar
- 1500 g water
- 100 g quinoa
- 70 g tamari or soy sauce
- 80 g Cashews
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
- 4 strips lemon peel, zest only, no white pith
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 cm piece ginger, peeled
- juice half lemon
- 30 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 tsp sea salt
- pinch freshly ground black pepper
- 180 g carrots, peeled, roughly chopped
- 150 g zucchini, roughly chopped
- 120 g red capsicum, roughly chopped
- 3 spring onions, roughly chopped
- 3 Sprigs Flat leaf Parsley, leaves only
- 2 sprigs dill, leaves only
- 2 sprigs coriander, leaves only
4h 50minPreparation 4h 20minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place wild rice in a bowl and cover liberally with filtered water. Add vinegar, stir and soak for 4 hours.
2. Drain wild rice in simmering basket and rinse with clean water.
3. Place 1500g water in mixing bowl.
4. Place simmering basket with wild rice in position and cook 20 mins/100C/speed 4.
5. Add rinsed quinoa to simmering basket with wild rice and cook 10 mins/100C/speed 4 or until wild rice and quinoa are tender.
6. Remove simmering basket with aid of spatula and drain any cooking liquid. Place wild rice and quinoa in a container, pour over tamari and allow to cool.
7. Meanwhile, heat oven to 160C. Place cashews on a roasting tray lined with baking paper and toast for 10 minutes or until just golden. Add sesame and pepitas to the tray and toast for 5 minutes. Remove tray from oven and allow to cool.
8. For the dressing, place lemon peel, garlic and ginger in mixing bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of bowl and chop 4 sec/speed 6. Add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and pepper and mix 10 sec/speed 5. Pour into a bowl and set aside.
9. Place carrots, zucchini, capsicum, spring onions and herbs in mixing bowl and chop 3 sec/speed 4. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula and chop 3 sec/speed 4 or until desired consistency. Place in a large bowl.
10. Add cooled wild rice, quinoa, nuts and seeds and dressing. Stir to combine and serve.
Accessories you need
Long prep time is due to soaking and cooking the rice and quinoa. After that it's really a quick recipe.
Can be kept in the fridge for up to 3 days
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Two Ingredient Chocolate Mousse
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup
- Layali Lubnan (Lebanese Nights) by Layelle
- Iranian Eggplant and Chickpea Stew
- Red Thai Chicken, Coconut & Kaffir Lime Soup
- Minced beef Goulash
- Mee Rebus
- Slow cooked lamb, sweet potato mash and steamed cabbage
- Boobie Biscuits
- sweet chestnut
- Purple sweet potato soymilk
- Tofu Pudding
- Savoury Scones
- Self Saucing Chocolate Pudding