- 1kg Kipfler Potatos, Washed well
- 500 grams water
- 4-6 slices Pancetta or Parma
- 150 grams Butter Beans (or Green beans), sliced in half
- 1-2 Avocardos, sliced in 1cm strips
- 250 grams mayonnaise
- 2-3 Limes (depending how zesty you want it)
- Salt & Pepper
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Weigh in 500gms of water into the TM Bowl. Place lid onto bowl and position Varoma dish on top.
- Wash the Kipfler Potatos and place them into the Varoma dish & put the lid on.
- Set the timer for 15 mins, at Varoma Temp, on speed 3.
- While potatos are steaming, pan fry your Pancetta or Parma in a dry frying pan for a few minutes till crisp. Set them aside to cool, then crumble it up into strips or small pieces.
- After 15 mins of cooking, when TM stops, add in the Varoma tray with your washed Butter Beans or Green Beans. Set timer for 5-10 mins, Varoma Temp, on Speed 3. This step all depends on your potatos so they cook through and if you like your beans just done or fully cooked through. Empty the TM bowl of cooking water, rinse & set aside for the dreesing to be made later.
- Once done run potatos & beans under a little cold water to stop further cooking & aside to drain & cool.
- Slice up your Avocardos into 1cm thick strips.
- To make the dressing, weigh in 250gms of your favourite Mayonnaise into the TM bowl, add in the juice of 2-3 limes ( I use 3 as I like it zesty) season with salt & pepper. Mix for 5 sec on speed 1.
- To assemble, cut up your potatoes in half lenth ways. Then cut up those pieces in half again, though diagonally (nice for presentation). I like to present it on a platter (or you can use a bowl), then scatter your beans & arrange your avocardo slices. Drizzle your dressing over the top & gently toss not too break up the avocado too much. Then sprinkle the crumbled Pancetta or Parma over the top. Serve
Zesty Potato Salad
If you would like to add hard boiled eggs to this salad, you can place the steaming basket into the TM bowl after you have added the water in step 1, then add in 4 eggs from the fridge to the basket and have them hard boiled during the first 15 mins of cooking time. Then remove them at step 5 and place aside to cool and then continue with step 5 & onwards.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken Croquettes (like Mama makes)
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Marathon bliss balls
- Leftover roast fritters
- Creamy Cauliflower Mash
- Thai green mango salad
- Robyn's Rissotto
- Coconut Oil Flour Tortillas
- Broccoli Tabouleh
- Mashed potatoes
- Pumpkin Seed Snack (Like MUNCH brand)
- Kale Broccoli Salad with Avocado Goats Cheese Dressing
- Mel's Sticky Date Pudding
- Gluten Free Breakfast Muffins - Super Easy!
- Chicken & sweet corn soup
- Black Forest Scrolls
- Creole Style Jambalaya
- Virgin Lychee Sorbet Cocktail adapted from festive class
- No Knead Sourdough
- Squid Ink Bread
- Multigrain Bread
- Moroccan Vegiful Quinoa Salad
- Ohhh Emmm Geee Caramel White Choc & Macadamia Slice
- Hi-Fibre Bread Loaf or Rolls