- 10 grams olive oil
- 1000 grams brown onions, Peeled & Quartered
- 2 tbsp plain flour
- 750 grams beef stock
- 125 grams white wine
- 1 Bugette
- 40 grams Gruyere cheese
1h 45minPreparation 5minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
Peel and quarter onions and add to and chop 15 seconds / speed 5.
Add olive oil and saute for 10 minutes / 100 degrees / .
Add flour to and mix for 10 seconds / 100 degrees / speed 1.
Add stock and wine and cook for 60 minutes / 100 degrees speed 1.
Serve in soup bowls and season with salt and pepper.
Prior to making the soup, in a dry place cubbed gruyere cheese and chop for 5 seconds / speed 4 and set aside in separate bowl.
Just prior to soup cooking, slice baugette into 2 cm pieces and place in hot grill until lightly brown. Turn over and cover with gruyere cheese and grill until cheese melts and bread is lightly toasted.
For a traditional soup, serve with the cruton floating on the soup.
French Onion Soup
Gruyere Bread / Cruton
For those tracking points on Weight Watchers, this dish has about 0 points per serve when serving 4 without the gruyere bread/cruton (as pictured).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Best ever roast garlic and tomato soup
- Smoky Pumpkin & Potato Soup
- Authentic Lebanese Brown Lentil Soup
- The Fast 800 Broccoli and Blue Cheese Soup converted by Thermo-lish
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Curried pumpkin & cauliflower soup
- Sweet Poato & Carrot Soup
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- BBQ Pork Ramen
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Chicken noodle soup
- Lurgy Busting Roasted Tomato, Garlic & Capsicum Soup