- 2-3 shallots, Optional
- 2-4 garlic cloves, adjust to taste
- 4 fillets boneless skinless chicken thigh
- 500 grams potatoes
- 2-3 carrots, large
- half bunches kale leaves, removed and torn into pieces
- 500 grams potatoes, peeled and cut into bite size pieces
- 2-3 sticks carrots, large and diced
- 2 heaped tablespoons stock paste, or stock cubes
- 1. Add shallots and peeled garlic cloves into TM bowl . Chop 3 secs, Speed 7. Next saute for 5 minutes / 100deg / speed 1
2.Put 2 litres of water in kettles and boil . Peel potatoes & carrots and cut into pieces.
3. Set sauteed shallot garlics aside in stock pot .
4. Cut chicken thighs into 4 pieces and insert into simmering basket . You can use breast ( if preferred) . I find the simmering basket takes up to 900g of chicken. . Add 1 litre hot water ( from kettle ) with 1 tablespoon stock paste to bowl and then insert simmering basket. Set for 15 mins / Varoma/ speed 2 .
5. Meanwhile , add potatoes to stockpot with 1 litre of salted hot water and bring to a simmer for 15 mins too, then add carrots .
6. After 15 mins is up . stir the chicken pieces well with spatula and continue to steam for another 5 minutes ( varoma temp)
7. Remove the simmer basket carefully from bowl ( with spatula) and tip the steaming liquid into the stock pot . Add the chicken into TM Bowl and shred 3 seconds/ reverse speed / speed 4.
8 . Add chicken & kale to the stock pot , adjust stock to taste and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
9. Check that potatoes and carrots are cooked to liking and serve.
Accessories you need
You will also need a large saucepan or stockpot for this recipe. I use a 4 litre stockpot.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- BB's Chicken & Corn Soup
- Butternut Pumpkin Soup - onion free
- Thermofied by Nads - MN Lemony lentils and silverbeet soup (aka adas b hamid)
- Curried Sweet Potato and Carrot Soup
- Vegetable Soup for the Soul
- Cauliflower and Leek Soup
- Oma’s Goulash Soup
- Keto Cauliflower and Zucchini Soup
- Lower Carb Carola's Pumpkin Soup
- Keto Pumpkin Soup
- Thai Red Lentil Soup
- Ghoulishly Good Pumpkin Soup