- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 leek (white part only) or 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 20 g or 1 tbsp butter
- 1000 g small green zucchini, chopped into 1.5cm pieces
- 750 g chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- Fresh lime or lemon juice, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Greek yoghurt or Sour Cream, to serve
- Fresh basil, chopped, to garnish
Add garlic & chop 2 sec | SP7.
Add leek or onion and chop 2 sec | SP 5.
Add butter & oil and sautee 6 min || Varoma | SP 1.
Add chopped zucchini and stock and cook 25 min | 100°C | SP 1, or until zucchini is just tender.
Strain out half of the stock and reserve. Add basil to bowl and puree, by slowly increasing speed up to SP9, until smooth.
Add as much of the reserved stock as you like to achieve your desired texture.
Season to taste with salt & pepper and juice and stir 10 sec | SP 4 to combine.
Serve in bowls with dollops of yoghurt or sour cream and freshly chopped basil to garnish.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GF Pea and Ham Soup
- Rima’s Maryam Mounajed’s ChefItUp’s Lentil Soup
- 20 min Quick & Easy Leek, potato & Lentil Soup
- Pumpkin soup
- Curried Pumpkin Soup
- MN Teta's Hamid Soup
- Grießklöschensuppe (German Dumpling soup)
- Kath's Chicken, Ginger and Turmeric Soup with Pearl Couscous
- Coconut and Pea Soup
- Sopa de tomate com ovo escalfado
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Dumplings and broth
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- French Gougeres
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito cheesecake
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil