- 2 cloves garlic, peeled
- 1 leek (white part only) or 1 onion, peeled & quartered
- 20 g or 1 tbsp butter
- 1000 g small green zucchini, chopped into 1.5cm pieces
- 750 g chicken or vegetable stock
- 1/3 cup basil leaves
- Fresh lime or lemon juice, to taste
- Salt & Pepper, to taste
- Greek yoghurt or Sour Cream, to serve
- Fresh basil, chopped, to garnish
Add garlic & chop 2 sec | SP7.
Add leek or onion and chop 2 sec | SP 5.
Add butter & oil and sautee 6 min | "Counter-clockwise operation" | Varoma | SP 1.
Add chopped zucchini and stock and cook 25 min | 100°C | SP 1, or until zucchini is just tender.
Strain out half of the stock and reserve. Add basil to bowl and puree, by slowly increasing speed up to SP9, until smooth.
Add as much of the reserved stock as you like to achieve your desired texture.
Season to taste with salt & pepper and juice and stir 10 sec | SP 4 to combine.
Serve in bowls with dollops of yoghurt or sour cream and freshly chopped basil to garnish.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and The Mix Australia Pty Ltd and The Mix New Zealand Ltd assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- ThermoSisters Nans Soup
- Variation Chicken & vegetable soup
- Bec's Chicken And Corn Soup with Egg Ribbons
- Celeriac, Zucchini, Leek, Tomato & Carrot Soup
- Lauren's Pumpkin Soup
- Pumpkin and Coconut Cream Soup
- Irish-style vegetable soup
- Coconut and Sweet Potato Soup
- Thai pumpkin soup
- Beef bone broth
- Sweet potatoe and leek soup
- Polish Barszcz (Beetroot Soup)
- Crostata di Ricotta (Almond and Ricotta tart)
- Mushroom and Spinach Risotto
- French Gougeres
- Leek and smoked salmon dip
- Homemade cranberry sauce
- Macadamia & Pistachio Orange Syrup Cake
- Spiced Mexican Tomato & Corn Soup
- Frozen mojito cheesecake
- Frozen mojito
- Raspberry souffles
- Bourbon Ribs
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil