- 4 eggs
- 560g Benito Dashi (Japanese) stock
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 10g mirin
- 20g light soy sauce
- 500g water
- Baking paper
- 7 ramekins
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Put eggs into TM bowl mix 6 seconds speed 5 set aside.
Put Dashi stock (or water and dashi stock powder ) into TM5 bowl
Add salt to dashi stock and mix well - 5 secs speed 4.
Add mirin and soy into dashi stock mix another 5 secs speed 4.
Add eggs to dashi & mix 10 secs speed 5.
Place ramekins onto varoma dish and tray, covering each level with damp baking paper.
Place 500g cold water into tm bowl.
Place Varoma on top of bowl and 20 min/ Varoma / Speed 2.
halfway through swop the ramekins between top tray and bottom Varoma dish.
Ensure custard is cooked and extend cooking time if necessary
Chawanmushi - Savoury Custard
Steaming the custard
You can add anything you like into the ramekin usually chicken, ricecake, mushrooms, at Three Japanese, we dont add anything.At home we usually add chicken and ricecake.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Gougère puffs with salmon mousse
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Autumn Pear cake
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Taro and sago
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)
- Mexican-Inspired Baked Chicken Wraps with Avocado Dip
- Varoma Rhubarb
- Layelle’s Turkish Lentil Soup
- Red Velvet Cupcakes with Cream Cheese Icing
- Pumpkin Soup
- Cheats Mansef
- Dairy Free Potato Salad