- 50 grams quinoa
- 120 grams Beef mince
- 1/2 onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 celery stalk
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Cup of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable stock paste
- 1 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 level teaspoons xanthan gum
- 180 grams Milk of choice
- 6+ spring roll rice papers, For GF use dried ones
- oil of choice
- 1/2 Cup of GF self raising flour
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
- Place onion, carrots, celery, garlic and 15 grams of oil in TM bowl, insert MC and grate, 5 seconds at speed 5.
Saute for 3 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 1.
Add meat to TM bowl and cook for 3minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2.
Add tapioca flour, stock paste, curry powder and 3 tablespoons of water and cook for 3minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2.
Stir through shredded cabbage and cooked quinoa.
- Add 1200 grams of water to bowl.
Add 50grams of quinoa to basket, then rinse.
Cook for 25 minutes on Varoma temperature, sp2.
Remove basket from bowl and allow to drain and excess water.
- Add self raising flour, egg, milk and Zanthan gum to bowl and mix for 5sec on sp5.
- Damp the rice paper and spread a generous amount of batter, leaving a 2cm edge clear around the paper.
Add a heaped tablespoon of meat mixture and wrap as per a spring roll.
Place in an oiled container.
Once completed, cook in sauasage roll maker for approx 8 minutes or fry or bake until golden.
Chiko Roll Filling
Quinoa - do this first!
Accessories you need
I am going to try with mushrooms for a vegetarian alternative.
Thankyou so much Cheekyricho utube video for the recipe - adapted slightly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Risoles (Indonesian)
- Best Masala Tea Making Recipe
- Gluten free Dumpling Dough
- Beanie's Pork and Chive Dumplings
- Soft Cheese
- Chicken & Mushroom Vol Au Vent
- Vintage Cheddar & Caramelised Onion Dip
- Red Salmon, Dill and Finger Lime Dip
- Corn and Turmeric Chowder
- Vegetable Curry Puffs
- Bec’s dim dims.
- Twice baked potatoes - under development
- Gluten free pasta
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Rolled oats rissoles
- Chicken Pesto Pasta
- Pie Maker Gluten Free Roast Meat Fritter
- Spicy turmeric latte
- Stock Powder
- Coffee Frappe
- Tomato Paste
- Tomato Paste -duplicate
- Cheats High Protein Nacho’s
- Thai-Inspired Peanut Superfood Slaw
- Amaretti with Cherry on Top
- Picnic eggs
- Turkey Stuffing
- Dill Sauce
- Variation Weekender Biscuits
- Beetroot & Chocolate cake (GF & refined sugar free)
- Lemon Curd
- Chicken Chorizo and Cheese Sausage Rolls
- Low FODMAP Basil Spinach Pesto
- Low FODMAP Chicken Pesto Pasta