- 50 grams quinoa
- 120 grams Beef mince
- 1/2 onion
- 1 small carrot
- 1/2 celery stalk
- 1-2 cloves garlic
- 1 Cup of shredded cabbage
- 1/2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1/2 tablespoons chicken or vegetable stock paste
- 1 tablespoons tapioca flour
- 1 egg
- 1/2 level teaspoons xanthan gum
- 180 grams Milk of choice
- 6+ spring roll rice papers, For GF use dried ones
- oil of choice
- 1/2 Cup of GF self raising flour
Recipe is created for
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Place onion, carrots, celery, garlic and 15 grams of oil in TM bowl, insert MC and grate, 5 seconds at speed 5.
Saute for 3 minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 1.
Add meat to TM bowl and cook for 3minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2.
Add tapioca flour, stock paste, curry powder and 3 tablespoons of water and cook for 3minutes on Varoma temperature, speed 2.
Stir through shredded cabbage and cooked quinoa.
- Add 1200 grams of water to bowl.
Add 50grams of quinoa to basket, then rinse.
Cook for 25 minutes on Varoma temperature, sp2.
Remove basket from bowl and allow to drain and excess water.
- Add self raising flour, egg, milk and Zanthan gum to bowl and mix for 5sec on sp5.
- Damp the rice paper and spread a generous amount of batter, leaving a 2cm edge clear around the paper.
Add a heaped tablespoon of meat mixture and wrap as per a spring roll.
Place in an oiled container.
Once completed, cook in sauasage roll maker for approx 8 minutes or fry or bake until golden.
Chiko Roll Filling
Quinoa - do this first!
Accessories you need
I am going to try with mushrooms for a vegetarian alternative.
Thankyou so much Cheekyricho utube video for the recipe - adapted slightly.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Roti Boy
- Gluten free lemon meringue pie
- Orange drizzle cake
- Apple & Walnut Muffins - Gluten Free
- Gluten Free Cheesecake (with dairy free option)
- Pork Pot Stickers
- Gluten Free Cheesy Garlic Bread
- Vegetable Stock Paste - Failsafe/RPAH Friendly
- Savoury Bites
- Chicken rice paste
- Hainanese Chicken
- Lemon Curd & Cream Cheese Scrolls with Vanilla glaze