- 2 egg yolk, 60g eggs
- 30 g vinegar, see tips
- 40 g Dijon mustard
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper ground
- 30 g water
- 240 g Grapeseed Oil, see tips
- 1/2 tsp sugar
8Recipe is created for
- Add all ingredients EXCEPT oil to TM Bowl, insert Butterfly. Cook 4 minutes, 70 degrees Sp 3.
Remove TM Bowl from unit and allow mixture to come to room temperature with Lid off before adding oil in next step.
Or place butterfly and mixture into a small bowl if you need it to cool faster - just scrape back into the TM Bowl and replace Butterfly when it's at room temperature (NOT fridge temperature!).
- With MC off, drizzle oil VERY SLOWLY onto moving blades/butterfly at Sp 4. It will take about 30-40 seconds.
- Taste your mayonnaise for correct salt/vinegar balance - adding just a dash of either can make all the difference. See Tips below.
- Scrape into glass storage jar or straight into your serving bowl. Cover surface with cling film until ready to serve to prevent a skin forming. Store in refridgerator for a couple of weeks (assuming there's no "double dipping" and it's not left out on the bench or in the sun!)
Accessories you need
FLAVOUR variatons will occur according to egg yolk size, the vinegar you choose (apple cide vigegar is safe for GF), citrus variety and strength, mustard brand (choose a GF brand if you need to) and oil variety/quality. NB: Grapeseed (which is not the same as undesirable "rapeseed") and Rice Bran are both flavourless which is what you want with most mayonnaise - using oilive oil is often disasterous as it has too much flavour as egg accentuate oil flavours.
EG Red wine vinegar with seeded mustard will give a stronger flavour for a potato salad vs white vinegar with citrus juice/zest for use with fish'n chips....
ALWAYS taste your mayonnaise and make minute variations to get the balance right - a tiny pinch of salt or mustard or dash of vinegar/juice can make a lot of difference if it's a bit "flat" or "tastes oily" in your mouth (providing you used a flavourless oil).
Likewise, if it's "too tart" or "too salty" adding a small amount of oil will smooth it out.
Adding "just a dash" is what you do to adjust.
If using citrus as the acid you may need to add extra after cooking to get a good balance and resting the finished mayonnaise overnight in the fridge will bring out the citrus flavour a little more.
VARIATIONS: Try finely chopped garlic, herbs, citrus zest, olives, capers, sun dried tomato, anchovies or a small tin of tuna. Spices like smoked paprika, chilli etc add a good "kick" or use some pre-made paste eg honey, maple syrup, wasabi, chipolte, Sriracha - have fun!
Your vote and comments are always appreciated!.....Happy Cooking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Devilled ham spread
- Creamy onion dip
- Peanut and Soba Noodle Wonton Cups
- Easy Peasy Chinese-y Spring Rolls
- Pate en Crouté
- Gorgonzola Souffle
- Dynamite Shrimps PF Chang's
- Spinach Balls
- Chicken and Port Pate with Jelly topping
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Creme Fraiche TM5 Automated
- No churn Ice Cream (Parfait)
- No Knead Sourdough
- Zucchini Chocolate Cake - super moist
- No Knead Ciabatta
- Easy Sourdough Bread
- Chia Seed Biscuits
- Chia, Prune/Date and Walnut Bites (or Balls)
- Chia, banana and chocolate muffins (egg free)
- Tart Sourdough Bread (incl step pictures)
- Sourdough Spelt Crackers
- Caramel Hedgehog Slice
- Delicious healthy version of Lemon Slice - Dairy Free
- Strawberry Frozen yogurt
- CHOCOLATE BANANA BREAD
- PASSIONFRUIT CHEESECAKE SLICE
- Infant/toddler beef and veggie casserole
- Lentil chocolate chip cookies - gluten free
- Vegetarian 'meatballs' (contains Nuts)
- Coconut and Cashew Butter
- Nutella Cookies
- Infant/toddler veggie dhal
- Honey Jumble Cake