- 3 corn cobs
- 1/2 brown onion
- 10 g olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 35 g Tasty cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g buttermilk, saved from making butter
- Oil for frying
1. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels off corn cobs.
2. Place cheese in TM bowl. Grate 4 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
3. Place onion in TM bowl. Chop 1 – 2 seconds, speed 7. Add oil, cook 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Add half of the corn kernels, cook further 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Set aside.
4. Place remaining corn kernels, eggs, salt, pepper and paprika into TM bowl. Blend 5 seconds, speed 8.
5. Add reserved corn / onion mix, cheese, flour and baking powder to bowl. Mix 5 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down sides.
6. Add buttermilk. Mix 10 seconds, speed 4.
7. Heat oil in frying pan. Dollop heaped soup spoons of batter into pan, brown and then flip to brown top.
8. Serve with tomato chutney or tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheese Bread Sticks
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Bavarian Spice Rub - Best Chicken Rub Ever!
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Turkish simit
- Lemon Slice
- The. Fast 800 Chicken Pieces with Parmesan Crumb converted by Thermo-lish
- Tracy’s Beef Rendang
- Chinese Cabbage and Pork Bun
- Rice and lentils (majadra)
- Traditional buttery mash potato
- Lettuce and Pea Soup
- Hearty Ginger Slice
- Chicken spinach and basil dumplings
- Dulce de Leche/Caramel thumb-print cookies
- Tasty Shepherds Pie