- 3 corn cobs
- 1/2 brown onion
- 10 g olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 35 g Tasty cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g buttermilk, saved from making butter
- Oil for frying
1. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels off corn cobs.
2. Place cheese in TM bowl. Grate 4 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
3. Place onion in TM bowl. Chop 1 – 2 seconds, speed 7. Add oil, cook 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Add half of the corn kernels, cook further 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Set aside.
4. Place remaining corn kernels, eggs, salt, pepper and paprika into TM bowl. Blend 5 seconds, speed 8.
5. Add reserved corn / onion mix, cheese, flour and baking powder to bowl. Mix 5 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down sides.
6. Add buttermilk. Mix 10 seconds, speed 4.
7. Heat oil in frying pan. Dollop heaped soup spoons of batter into pan, brown and then flip to brown top.
8. Serve with tomato chutney or tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Quick Reliable Fudge
- Yorkshire puddings
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Delicious Chocolate Cake
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Sweet and Sour Beans
- Palla di Mozzarella
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- Honey, Date, Goji Berry, Oat & Almond Energy Bars
- Beef Stroganoff
- Chicken & Chorizo Risotto