- 3 corn cobs
- 1/2 brown onion
- 10 g olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 35 g Tasty cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g buttermilk, saved from making butter
- Oil for frying
1. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels off corn cobs.
2. Place cheese in TM bowl. Grate 4 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
3. Place onion in TM bowl. Chop 1 – 2 seconds, speed 7. Add oil, cook 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Add half of the corn kernels, cook further 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Set aside.
4. Place remaining corn kernels, eggs, salt, pepper and paprika into TM bowl. Blend 5 seconds, speed 8.
5. Add reserved corn / onion mix, cheese, flour and baking powder to bowl. Mix 5 seconds, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 4. Scrape down sides.
6. Add buttermilk. Mix 10 seconds, "Counter-clockwise operation" speed 4.
7. Heat oil in frying pan. Dollop heaped soup spoons of batter into pan, brown and then flip to brown top.
8. Serve with tomato chutney or tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and Zucchini Cakes
- Quick and Easy Mac and Cheese
- Pumpkin Carrot and Ginger soup
- Crispy Waffle Batter
- Peanut Butter Cookies
- Red Velvet Cupcakes
- Apricot Chicken with french onion soup powder mix
- LYNN'S SPREADABLE BUTTER
- Vietnamese Banh Mi baguettes
- Spice Pumpkin Soup
- Gluten free berry yoghurt cake
- Chicken Tikka Pathia (adapted from British Indian Restaurant/Take Away recipes)