- 3 corn cobs
- 1/2 brown onion
- 10 g olive oil
- 2 eggs
- 35 g Tasty cheese
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp sweet paprika
- black pepper, to taste
- 160 g plain flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 100 g buttermilk, saved from making butter
- Oil for frying
1. Using a sharp knife, cut corn kernels off corn cobs.
2. Place cheese in TM bowl. Grate 4 seconds, speed 7. Set aside.
3. Place onion in TM bowl. Chop 1 – 2 seconds, speed 7. Add oil, cook 2 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Add half of the corn kernels, cook further 3 minutes, 100 degrees, speed 2. Set aside.
4. Place remaining corn kernels, eggs, salt, pepper and paprika into TM bowl. Blend 5 seconds, speed 8.
5. Add reserved corn / onion mix, cheese, flour and baking powder to bowl. Mix 5 seconds, speed 4. Scrape down sides.
6. Add buttermilk. Mix 10 seconds, speed 4.
7. Heat oil in frying pan. Dollop heaped soup spoons of batter into pan, brown and then flip to brown top.
8. Serve with tomato chutney or tomato sauce.
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken and (hidden) vegetable nuggets
- Protein Balls (Nut Free)
- Croquettes of Chicken
- Corn and Cheese Balls
- Salmon Salsa Stack
- Pork liver parfait - Danielle Dixon
- Thai Chicken Balls
- Gazpacho Andaluz (like Mama makes)
- Zucchini Cheesy 'Bread'
- Kumara & Feta Bliss Balls
- ThermoMonts Zucchini Croquettes
- Gunnadoo raw Muesli
- Avocado Chocolate Bread- from Living Healthy with Chocolate
- Malt loaf
- Varoma Porridge for one
- Bolognaise Sauce - Smooth
- Apple and Date Hot Cross Buns
- Cheese and bacon bread
- My Version of Perfect No-Split Hollandaise
- Cauliflower "Tabbouleh"
- Perfect Pizza Dough - one serving
- Custard Cross Buns
- Tuna and Vegetable Muffins
- Onion gravy