- 150 g fresh salmon fillet, skinless, boneless and cut into pieces (4 cm)
- 20 g Butter
- 150 g Hot Smoked Salmon, broken into pieces
- 200 g pouring (whipping) cream
- 1 sprig fresh dill, leaves only
- 1 tbsp pickled capers, drained
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1-2 pinches ground white pepper
- 1 tsp Gelatine powder
- 1-2 tbsp Boiling water
- 80 g gruyere or Swiss cheese, rind removed and cut into pieces (3 cm)
- 150 g water
- 0.5 tsp sea salt
- 1 pinch chilli powder
- 80 g Butter
- 120 g plain flour
- 3 eggs
- fresh dill or chives, finely chopped, for garnishing
25h 35minPreparation 25h 35minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- 1. Place fresh salmon and butter into mixing bowl and cook 5-7 min/100°C/speed 1, or until salmon is cooked.
- 2. Add smoked salmon, cream, dill, capers, lemon juice and pepper and mix 20 sec/speed 6. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
- 3.Place gelatine and boiling water into a small bowl and combine until gelatine has dissolved, then mix 1 min/speed 3, adding gelatine mixture through hole in mixing bowl lid.
- 4. Transfer salmon mousse into a bowl, cover with plastic wrap and place into refrigerator until set (approx. 2 hours or overnight).
- 5. Preheat oven to 200°C. Line 2 baking trays (40 x 35 cm) with baking paper and set aside.
- 6. Place gruyére or Swiss cheese into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 9. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- 7. Place water, salt, chilli powder and butter into mixing bowl and cook 4 min/100°C/speed 1.
- 8. Add flour and mix 20 sec/speed 4, or until mixture begins coming away from sides of mixing bowl. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula, then set mixture aside in mixing bowl and allow to cool (approx. 10 minutes).
- 9. Crack eggs into a small bowl, then mix 40 sec/speed 4, adding eggs one at a time through hole in mixing bowl lid.
- 10. Add reserved grated cheese and mix 5 sec/speed 5.
- 11. Transfer choux pastry mixture into a piping bag with a round nozzle (1 cm). Pipe small walnut-sized balls onto prepared baking tray (approx. 18-20 balls) to form puffs, leaving 5 cm space between each.
- 12. Bake for 20-25 minutes (200°C), or until golden. Turn oven off, then using a wooden skewer, pierce each puff to release steam.
- 13. Return puffs to oven and open oven door slightly, leaving it ajar for 10 minutes to leave puffs to dry out. Transfer pastry puffs onto a wire rack and allow to cool completely.
- 14. Once cooled, cut puffs in half and pipe reserved salmon mousse into the middle. Top mousse with chopped dill or chives and serve immediately.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegan Spanakopita / Spanakopitakia (Pumpkin, Spinach & Feta triangles)
- F45 Sweet Potato Pancakes
- American Self Rising Biscuits (scones)
- Capsicum, Tomato and Chilli Chutney
- Cocktail Meatballs Spicy and Delicious
- Chilli and lime cashews
- Sour Cream Cherry Slice
- Gluten Free Nutella and Peacan Biscuits
- Beetroot and Orange Spiced Chutney
- Savoury Streusel Muffins
- Bacon, sweet potato and zucchini slice
- Baked salmon cheesecake
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Cauliflower tacos with chipotle sauce
- Soba noodle mee goreng
- Feijoa Bakewell tart
- Little piggy faces
- Orange sesame chicken with broccoli and noodles
- Pizza pockets
- Sticky buns with brown sugar glaze
- Bacon and cinnamon scrolls with salted maple glaze
- Strawberry and watermelon cake with vanilla cream (recipe by Nico Moretti)
- Green pesto vegetable soup
- Protein bars
- Chocolate Crackle Egg Nests
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- Sweet curry with crumbed chicken on cous cous
- Claypot Rice
- CREAM FILLED ECLAIRS WITH CHOCOLATE GANACHE
- Banana Spelt Muffins
- Hemp rolls Vegan/Paleo/Gaps
- White Chocolate & Cream Cheese Buttercream Icing
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Blueberry and Lemon Hot Cross Buns