- 1 garlic clove, peeled & left whole
- 1/2 lemon, peeled thinly
- 1/4 bunch parsley, fresh
- 4 pieces cross cut veal shanks (total 600g)
- 2 tablespoon plain flour
- salt & pepper
- 2 olive oil cooking spray, 3 second spray
- 200 grams white wine
- 2 onions, peeled & quartered
- 2 carrots, peeled & roughly chopped
- 3 celery stalks, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, peeled
- 800 grams chopped tomatoes, canned
- 1/2 lemon, thinly peeled
- 2 tablespoons concentrate stock
- 500 grams water
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
Place parsley, garlic and rind of 1/2 the lemon into TM bowl. Chop 5 sec speed 6. Set aside.
Preheat oven to 160 degrees.
Dust osso bucco slices in seasoned flour. Spray non stick frypan with Olive Oil and fry till brown. Place meat in casserole dish, placing lemon rind between meat layers. Deglaze pan with white wine, pour into casserole dish.
Place onion, carrot, celery, garlic into TM bowl. chop for 15 secs speed 4. Saute approx 6 mins @ Varoma speed 1.
Add tomatoes, herbs, stock & water cook for 10 mins @ 100 degrees speed soft.
Pour sauce over meat and ensure meat is totally covered. Season with salt & pepper.
Place baking paper directly over the stew, and then place lid on dish (or cover with alfoil). Cook in oven for approx 2 1/2 hours@ 160 degrees until meat is tender.
Serve with a sprinkle of gremolata.
Weight Watchers Pro-Point Value per serve is 5 points.
Traditionally served with polenta, but to decrease Pro Points Value of the meal serve with steamed cauliflower and broccoli.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Capsicum and lamb stir fry
- Turkey patties
- Bacon & Chive Cream Cheese Stuffed Chicken with Mushroom Sauce Taela-Made
- Shredded Chicken
- Cheesy Baked Katsu Japanese Curry Taela-Made
- Sweet Curried Sausages
- Hamburger patties
- Simple, healthy San Choy Bau
- LCHF Jalapeno Popper Chicken Casserole
- LCHF Glazed ham
- LCHF Chicken breasts wrapped in bacon, creamy sage & butter sauce
- LCHF Butter Chicken