- 1 --- quantity TM Shortcrust Pastry, blind baked
- 150 grams sliced leek, washed
- 4 Rashers streaky bacon, sliced into pieces
- 1 level tablespoon water
- 120 grams mild cheddar cheese, cubed
- 6 large size 7 eggs
- 1 MC of full cream
- 1 MC of full cream milk
- salt and pepper to season
- paparika to sprinkle over quiche before baking
preheat oven 180c for blind baking the pastry
turning the oven down to 175c for cooking the quiche
make one quantity of shortcrust pastry from the everyday cook book as per instructions wrap in glad wrap and put in fridge for 15 mintues
wash leek and put into TM bowl with the bacon and water varoma/ 4-5mins/speed1 then put into TM basket to cool down and the liquid can drain away.
grease or spray a 24cm quiche or pie pan and roll out partry to fit. line the top of uncooked pasrty with baking paper and spread baking beads to cover pastry then bake 7mins. remove baking paper and beads and cook pastry for a further 4 to five minutes.
while the pastry is baking prepare the filling
add cheese to TM bowl and chop 3secs/speed7, then add remaining ingredients except paparika and mix 15 to 20sec/speed 2.
when pasrty is cooked spread the cool bacon and leek mixture over the base and pour over the filling.
sprinkle with paparika
bake 175degrees for 35 to 40 mins or when pressed the top feels set
Bacon and Leek Quiche
this is delicious with my grandmas' tomato relish(see recipe community) a side salad of your choice.
can be eaten warm or cold
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Banoffie Cake (using banana cake from edmonds cookbook)
- seafood & corn chowder with curried choux dunkers
- steamed silverbeet pouches in coconut cream
- steamed fennel and salmon for one
- Feijoa Mayonaise
- pineapple banana and cucumber smoothie
- Grandmas' Tomato Relish
- Waitangi Day Brunch
- cheesey-carrot and marmite muffins
- fried Green Tomato coated with TM Dukka
- curried kumara cuppa soup
- venetian Butter
- Chwee Kueh (Steamed Rice Cake)
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Halawet El Rez
- Mac 'n' Cheese (with hidden veg)
- Cheats kousa
- The Thermomixing Mum Playdough
- Manaya's chicken noodle soup
- Left Over Porridge Bread
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- South African Slap Mielie Pap
- English muffins