- 4 slices bacon, diced
- 6 spring onions, diced
- olive oil
- 360 g plain flour
- 10 g sugar
- 10 g baking powder
- 90 g Butter, cold &amp; cubed
- 60 g Tasty cheese, grated
- 250 g Pouring Cream
- pepper, to taste
Pre-heat oven 210°C.
Add bacon and a slosh of oil to the bowl and cook 4 mins / 100°C // . Set aside in a colander to cool and drain.
Add flour, baking powder and sugar to the bowl and 'sift' 4 secs / sp 4.
Add butter, cheese & pepper and mix 5 sec / sp 7 or until the butter and cheese is completely incorporated.
Add bacon & onion and mix 4 sec / sp 4 /.
Add cream and mix 10 - 15 sec / speed 7 to bring together.
Knead 20 sec /.
Tip out onto floured mat and gently bring dough together. Press out with hands to about 3cm thickness.
Using a scone cutter, cut into 10 - 12 portions and place onto an oiled & floured tray close together.
OPTIONAL: Sprinkle with grated cheese and dried onion flakes!
Cook 15 - 17 mins or until scones sound hollow when tapped.
Remove from pan and allow to cool, covered with a clean tea towel, slightly before eating warm with thick butter!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Vegan Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Curry Laksa Cookies
- Chicken & Hidden Vege Sausage Rolls
- Dog Biscuits
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers (with variations)
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Kisir - Turkish Tabbouli
- Vegan Royal Icing
- Strawberry Cheesecake - No Bake
- Plum Jam
- Gluten free pastry
- Gluten free Gingerbread
- Passionfruit Curd
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Bacon Mushroom Tomato Risoni Pasta