- 60 g almonds
- 10 dried apricots
- 2 tbsp raw sugar
- 60 g Butter
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 brown onions, Peeled and Quartered
- 10 g olive oil
- 600 g chicken thighs, Cubed
- 1 tbsp Moroccan Seasoning
- 1 tsp dried chilli flakes
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 100 g Boiling water
- 2 tbsp Vegetable stock paste
- 8-10 sheets Filo Pastry, Leave out for 2 hours to bring to room temp
- 2 eggs, Lightly Whisked
- 1 bunch coriander leaves
- 1 tsp Ground Cinnamon extra
Recipe is created for
Chop almonds 10 sec/ speed 7. Cook on 100degrees/speed 1/5mins. Set aside
Mill sugar 10sec/ speeds 10. Set aside
Chop apricots 5sec/speed 6. Set aside
Melt Butter in 60degrees/ 90 secs/speed 4. Set aside
Chop Garlic and onion 6 secs speed 6.
Add olive oil and sauté 2 mins 100 degrees speed 1.
Add Chicken and cook 100 degrees /5 mins /speed 1/reverse
Add Apricots, Cinnamon and Moroccan seasoning and chilli flakes. Cook 2 mins 100 degrees /.
Add stock paste and water. Cook 15 mins/ 100 degrees/reverse/speed soft/MC off
Ensure most of the liquid has evaporated and allow to cool.
Meanwhile, brush a layer of butter over the spring form pan.
Take one sheet of Filo pastry and brush it gently with butter then sprinkle with 1 tbs almond meal.
Repeat until 4 layers have been used.
Do the same with a second pile of 4 layers.
Place the first layers in one direction and the second pile at right angles to the first. Gently press into the pan.
Stir eggs and coriander into cooled chicken and pour chicken mix into the pastry.
Gently fold exposed pastry over the chicken and brush with remaining butter.
Bake 25 mins. Transfer to a serving platter.
Use a fine strainer to sprinkle with combined Icing Sugar and Cinnamon.
Accessories you need
Don’t wash the bowl between any of the steps.
Pop the chicken in the freezer to cool as you can’t be too careful with chicken.
If you sprinkle the sugar separately to the cinnamon you get that lovely white snowy effect pictured above.
Stirring the chicken on a faster speed will help shred it as in the picture above. If you like the meat a bit chunkier the use speed soft for stirring.
A small amount of cornflour will help thicken the sauce.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Keto Nutty Seeded Crackers
- Zarli's Doggie Treats
- Savoury Toast
- Silverbeet and ricotta rolls
- Pizzette (mini pizzas)
- Home baked Doggo Treats
- ThermoGourmand Large Basic Loaf
- Veggie Bread
- Chickpea Crackers
- Cheesy Zucchini and Herb Fritters
- Gluten Free Pizza Base (with hidden veggies!) Makes 2 large bases
- Spinach ricotta star
- Rissoles, darl!
- LISA'S CHOC CHIP BISCUITS
- Creamed Corn
- Chocolate Fudge Slice (No Bake)
- KETO FRIENDLY SALSBURY STEAK WITH MUSHROOM SAUCE
- Inky's (dairy free) Rhubarb & Raspberry Curd
- Semolina Cake
- Best Lemon Slice
- Satay Marinade
- Macadamia Butter Toffee Crunch
- Armenian Nutmeg Cake
- Basmati rice pilaf with fruit and nuts