- 125 g Tasty cheese, Cut into cubes
- 170 g polenta
- 125 g plain flour
- 3 tbsp sugar
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 1 tsp salt
- 0.25 tsp ground black pepper
- 350 g buttermilk
- 2 eggs
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 200 deg C. Grease a 12 muffin tin lightly or line with paper.
Place the cheese in the bowl, insert MC, grate for 10-15 seconds on speed 5.5. Set aside.
Measure dry ingredients into bowl, insert MC, mix for 30 seconds, speed 3.5.
Measure buttermilk into bowl, add eggs, insert MC, mix for 20 seconds, speed 3.5.
Scrape down sides, add cheese, insert MC, mix for 10 seconds, speed 3.5.
Divide into muffin tray. Cook for 15 minutes, check to see if a skewer comes out clean, cook for a further few minutes if necessary.
Allow muffins to completely cool before removing from tin. Best eaten within 24 hours. Can be frozen.
Recipe adapted from //www.marthastewart.com/336856/cheddar-cornbread
If you prefer a more savoury muffin, reduce the sugar content, and consider adding half a teaspoon of paprika. Best eaten within 24 hours of cooking. Can be frozen.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Mince and vegetable pinwheels
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Almond Sesame Crackers (LCHF)
- Quiche Lorraine
- Cheese and Bacon Mini Muffins
- Chicken, Cheese & Vegetable Sausage Rolls
- Ham, cheese and pineapple muffins
- Brazilian Cheesy buns (Pão de Queijo)
- Marscapone, Caramelised onion and Tomato Tart
- Yorkshire puddings
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)
- Tuna and Zucchini Slice (Gluten Free)
- Fail free Muffins
- Pork Fritters
- Nanna's Lemon Butter
- Chocolate Layer Cake
- Luscious Chocolate Frosting
- Mississippi mudcake
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Decadent Fudgy Chocolate Brownie
- Murgh makhani (Butter chicken)
- Sultana Cookies - Gluten, Dairy, Egg and Nut Free
- Fair Dinkum Beef pies
- Peanut butter cream cheese frosting