- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 onions, peeled and quartered
- 30 grams Butter
- 700 grams Chicken thigh fillets, cut into 2cm cubes
- 1 tablespoon TM chicken stock
- 100 grams water
- 2 tablespoons cornflour mixed to a paste with a little water
- 1 leek, large, sliced
- 200 grams P Flour
- 200 grams SR flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 220 grams unsalted butter, cubed
- 10 grams milk powder
- 200 grams cold water
Place garlic and onions into mixing and chop for 3 sec/speed 5.
Add butter and cook 5 min 100 degrees//speed 1.
Add leek and chicken and cook for 5 min/Varoma//.
Add water and TM stock and cook for 20 min/100C//.
With 10 sec to go add cornflour mix through opening in lid may be adjusted if you think mixture is not thick enough for pie. Taste and add seasoning to your liking.
Preheat oven to 200C.
7. Place flours, milk powder and salt into mixing bowl and mix 2 sec/speed 5.
8. Add butter and mix 10 sec/speed 4.
9. Add 150g of water combine for 20 sec//. Addrest of water if pastry mix looks too dry.
10. Tip out onto Thermomat bring together and cut in half. You can freeze this or save in fridge to make another pie.
11. Roll out 1 half of pastry place into springform tin making sure pastry comes to top of tin, add cooled filling and cover with puff pastry sheet, glaze with egg wash and bake in oven for 30-40 minutes.
Accessories you need
Instead of puff pastry top you can use mashed potato with a bit of grated cheese on top very nice.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Egg Free Pancakes