- 850 grams raw buckwheat kernels
- 250 grams filtered water
- 2 level teaspoons seasalt
Place the buckwheat in a large glass bowl and cover with filtered water. Soak for 6 hours or overnight, then rinse and drain thoroughly. Place the drained buckwheat into TM bowl with the 250g water and 2 tspns seasalt and, with the assisstance of the spatula, blend on speed 7 / 40 secs or until you have a creamy batter. Pour the batter back into the glass bowl and cover with a plate. Place bowl somewhere very warm for 10 hours to ferment. If you have a dehydrator, set to 37 deg and allow to ferment overnight, otherwise leave in the sun for the day. Once fermented, carefully spoon mixture, so as not to break the airpockets, into a lined bread tin and bake for 50 mins at 180 deg.
This bread is best eaten straight out of the oven or kept in the fridge and toasted.
Accessories you need
This bread is high is highly nutritious. By fermenting the buckwheat, the phytic acid is greatly reduced and the phytase enzyme is released to allow for easy digestion. Toast and smother with butter or enjoy with avocado and seasalt
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Creamy Garlic Sauce
- Bacon, Chicken and Spinach Creamy Pasta
- Vegan Key lime style Ice Cream
- Butter Chicken with Cauliflower Rice-Pete Evans converted recipe
- Herb and Lamb Burgers
- Banana breakfast bars
- sweet spicy honey tomato jam (foodinajar)
- Spelt & Buckwheat flour tortillas with chilli con carne
- Bridget's Gluten Free Bread ( clone of Cyndi's )
- Apple and Cinnamon Cupcakes