THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 150 g Pre-soaked Seeds of choice i.e. pepitas, sunflower, sesame, (See hints for more information on soaking)
- 150 g Grated cheddar or tasty cheese, (See hints for variation)
- 70 g arrowroot flour or tapioca starch
- 150 g brown rice
- 50 g dry chickpeas
- 5 g Fresh Herbs of choice e.g Rosemary, Parsley, Basil, chives etc
- 50 g Butter, (See hints for variation)
- 1 tsp xanthan gum
- 15 g Milk
- 1 egg
- salt to taste, (See hints for variation)
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Dinner Lunch Snack Supper Autumn Carnival Chinese New Year Christmas Easter Father's Day Grandparent's Day Halloween Mother's Day New Year’s Eve Ramadan Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Gift Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Biscuit/cookie Bread Dip Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick Appetizer Starter Children food Gluten free Nut free
Line 2 baking trays with baking paper and grease with oil or butter. Put oven on 180ºC
Grate the Cheese by placing it in Mixing bowl (small cubes) and grate for 3 sec on speed 8. SET ASIDE.
Without washing the bowl, add brown rice and chick peas. Mill on 1 min or speed 10.
Add flour (arrowroot or tapioca) and fresh herbs to the flour and mill 10 sec on speed 10
Add all the remaining ingredients into the bowl (including reserved cheese and drained seeds) Mix 30 sec on speed 4.
Dough should be crumbly and moist. Take a pinch of the dough and squeeded together, it shoud hold its form and stick together. Like cookie dough.
Add more flour or milk if needed to get the right consistency.
Roll dough out onto baking paper or Thermomat to about 5 mm thikness. Cut into strips or shapes as you prefer. You can use cookie cutters to make intersting shapes for kids or special events.
Bake in oven for 12 - 15 min. It should still be sligthly soft and just about to start browining on top.
Eat snack sticks on its own or seve with a dip of you choice
Accessories you need
Soak seeds overnight to activate them (about 8 hours), but if you do not have the time or are in a rush to make these, pour boilig water over your seeds and leave for about 30-60 min.
Seeds can also be placed in mix without activating them, so you do not have to soak them.
For a more "adult" taste, add Parmesan cheese in stead of Cheddar.
Use Herb or Garlic butter in stead of normal butter.
Use Tamari or home made onion salt as seasoning. Cayenne Pepper can also be added for an extra level of flavour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Rosa's Vol au Vents
- Parmesan cheese crisps
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Fast Easy GF Spice Carrot and Orange Cake
- Buttered Caramel Popcorn Cupcake
- BBQ Salt (Braai Sout)
- EASY Apricot and Peach/Nectarine Chutney (South African)
- Hot Cross Fudge
- "Its all about Christmas" Cupcakes
- Pecan and Date Christmas Tart
- African Surprise Christmas Cocktail (Rooibos)
- Eggnog - Alcohol Free (or not!)
- Halloween Mice and Spiders - Healthy, Nut Free
- Moroccan Style Marinade with Chickpeas
- Rich Milo Cake