THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 5 pieces shortcut bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 250 grams warm water
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 20 grams olive oil
- 450 grams bakers's flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup grated cheese
1h 45minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
8Recipe is created for
1. Cut bacon pieces in half.
2. Add onion and bacon to .
3. Chop sp 5/3 secs.
4. Add cumin, S & P, and caraway to .
5.. Add oil to , Varoma / 5 mins / sp 1
6. Spoon into a dish to cool.
7. Set aside.
1. Place water, yeast and sugar into .
2. Blitz briefly sp3 / 5 secs
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Blitz briefly sp7/ 20 secs. Scrape.
5. Knead 5 minutes.
6. Rest covered for 30 minutes.
7. Grease a 23cm pie dish.
8. Roll out dough to line the dish, going up the sides.
9. Spread cooled bacon/onion mixture evenly onto dough.
1. Place all ingredients except cheese into .
2. Blitz sp 3 / 15 secs
3. Add cheese and blend sp 3 / 5 seconds.
Preheat oven to 190C.
1. Bake prepared bread base (with the onion mixture) for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and spoon on the topping.
3. Sprinkle on the parsley.
4. Return to oven for 30-45 minutes or until set..but stil has a little wobble to it.
5. Leave to set on the bench.
Onion and bacon filling
Accessories you need
The name of this dish translates as "Onion cake" and is a very popular dish in Germany and Austria.
It's like a cross between a cake, pizza and quiche..and sooo yummy..warm or cold.
Join my Favebook page "Thermify me...!"
for more recipes, tips and information on bread making classes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Spinach, bacon and cheese pies (pie-maker)
- Vegan “cheese” puffs
- OMG Ali's Savoury Scones
- Ham, Cheese and Zucchini Pizza Scrolls
- Variation Brazilian cheese puffs
- Easy Lamb Pide
- Zucchini slice/muffins
- Sweet Potato, Zucchini and Bacon Slice
- Chorizo, Spinach and Feta Triangles
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Viennese whirls
- Kingston biscuits
- Old fashioned Cream buns
- Chocolate coconut cake
- Dotty’s Ginger biscuits
- Gluten Free Yeast Free Egg Free Bread Rolls
- Wontons in Chilli Broth
- Cheeseburger Pasta Bake
- Black Bean Brownies - dairy and gluten free
- Vegan Moussaka
- Chicken and Sweet Corn Soup
- Fettuccini Boscaiola
- Bertha's "St. Patrick's" Gluten Free Zucchini Pancakes
- Thai Chilli Chicken and Basil
- Autumn Pear cake
- Golden syrup spice cookies
- Taro and sago