THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 5 pieces shortcut bacon
- 1 onion, peeled and halved
- 20 grams olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon caraway seeds
- 250 grams warm water
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 20 grams olive oil
- 450 grams bakers's flour
- 1.5 teaspoons salt
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 cup grated cheese
1h 45minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
1. Cut bacon pieces in half.
2. Add onion and bacon to .
3. Chop sp 5/3 secs.
4. Add cumin, S & P, and caraway to .
5.. Add oil to , Varoma / 5 mins / sp 1
6. Spoon into a dish to cool.
7. Set aside.
1. Place water, yeast and sugar into .
2. Blitz briefly sp3 / 5 secs
3. Add remaining ingredients.
4. Blitz briefly sp7/ 20 secs. Scrape.
5. Knead 5 minutes.
6. Rest covered for 30 minutes.
7. Grease a 23cm pie dish.
8. Roll out dough to line the dish, going up the sides.
9. Spread cooled bacon/onion mixture evenly onto dough.
1. Place all ingredients except cheese into .
2. Blitz sp 3 / 15 secs
3. Add cheese and blend sp 3 / 5 seconds.
Preheat oven to 190C.
1. Bake prepared bread base (with the onion mixture) for 20 minutes.
2. Remove from oven and spoon on the topping.
3. Sprinkle on the parsley.
4. Return to oven for 30-45 minutes or until set..but stil has a little wobble to it.
5. Leave to set on the bench.
Onion and bacon filling
Accessories you need
The name of this dish translates as "Onion cake" and is a very popular dish in Germany and Austria.
It's like a cross between a cake, pizza and quiche..and sooo yummy..warm or cold.
Join my Favebook page "Thermify me...!"
for more recipes, tips and information on bread making classes.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- GLUTEN FREE CRUMPETS
- Steamed Asian greens with a Honey, Soy and ginger sauce
- **Sugar free, egg free, dairy free** Apple , banana and carrot baby/toddler muffins
- Blueberry jam
- Aussie potato scallops or Potato Cakes
- Dotty's Melting moments with Maple buttercream
- Golden Sultana Cake
- Mixed berry Cheesecake trifle
- Mini cheesecake tarts 2 ways.
- Blueberry and Banana Cake
- Cinnamon swirl cake
- Chocolate crackle Caramel slice
- Frijoles colados estilo guatemalteco
- Red Lentil Dahl
- Chicken, Mushroom & Sweet Potato Bake
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Cheesy Bacon Scrolls
- Cheese & Bacon scrolls
- Apple porridge
- Turkish Lentil Soup
- Chocolate self saucing pudding
- Green Tea Panna Cotta
- Hong Kong Egg Tart