- 225 grams water
- 175 grams lard
- 1 tsp salt
- 250 grams Strong Flour
- 250 grams plain flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1 place water and lard in TM bowl cook 100 ° / spd 1 / 7 minutes.
2 Check when it hits 100 degrees and stop cooking.
3 Add all the flour and salt at once and mix on speed 4 for 30 seconds. Then cool until it is less than 60 degrees (as it won't knead if hotter than 60 degrees) once it is cool enough, knead for 1 minute. Then tip out onto a thermomat and cool until it is cool enough to handle.
Then either press into a pie dish or roll out if it is firm enough, Line a pie dish, fill with filling add a pie top and then bake at 190 degrees for about 45 minutes for 1 20 cm pie dish.
Hot Water Pastry
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Chicken with mandarin and star anise
- Gluten Free White Baguette
- Pumpkin Cupcake with Ginger Icing
- Dulche de leche (3 ingredients)
- Chestnut Cupcakes with Caramel Filling and Chestnut buttercream icing
- Black Russian Cupcake and Kahlua Buttercream Icing
- Asian Flavour Fish Quenelles (Varoma)
- Hot Water Pastry Beef Mince Snack Pie
- Edmonds Brandy Snaps
- Raw Simnel Cake
- Salmon with Ginger and Coriander
- Waitangi Day Lamb Shanks meal
- Cheese scones
- Coconut soup
- Dairy Free Red Pesto
- Ooba Healthy'ish' Curried Sausages
- Chicken Parmigiana
- Marion Grasby's Spicy Sichuan Wontons
- Variation Donna Hay's Salted Caramel and Vanilla Baked Cheesecake
- Batter (for Sweet and Sour/ Honey Sesame/ fish etc)
- Cale's Crepes
- Citrus Fruit Mamalade
- FLUFFY WHOLEMEAL ROLLS