- 150 grams Tasty cheese
- 1 onion
- 3 slices bacon- diced
- 80 grams self-raising flour
- 4 eggs
- 315 grams Milk
- 3/4 teaspoon Mixed Herbs
- salt and pepper to taste
Place cheese and onion in the thermo bowl and chop on speed 5 for 10-15 seconds.
Add diced bacon and SR flour and mix on speed 2 for 10-15 seconds.
Add in remaining ingredients and mix on speed 2-3 for 20 seconds.
Pour over the back of a large spoon into a greased quiche dish.
Bake in a moderate oven for 40-45 minutes until golden and firm to touch in the centre.
This is a great basic recipe. I adapt this all the time to suit what is in my fridge. The quiche pictured has been adapted to include cherry tomatoes, half natural yoghurt and half milk, spring onions and half a brown onion, red and green capsicum. I also regularly include a small can of corn kernels although I didn't have them in the pantry this time.
To fancy it up a little, it also looks great with thin slices of Roma tomato placed on the top of the quiche after it has been poured into the quiche dish but before placing it in the oven.
This is a fantastic low budget dish to take to work lunches. It is also delicious cold making it great for picnics.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- David's Dhall
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- The perfect lemon tart
- Dairy Free Breakfast Smoothie
- Choc-caramilk Bavarian
- Rich Tomato Soup
- Salmon Curry
- Tomato Sauce