- 100 grams extra virgin olive oil
- 150 grams warm water
- 2 heaped tbsp caster sugar
- 2 teaspoons dried yeast
- 300 grams Tipo oo flour, bread flour will do, not bread mix
- 1 level teaspoon salt, fine
- 2 level teaspoons dried fennel seeds
- 1 egg white, used to glaze
Recipe is created for
Set oven to 230 degrees
Place all ingredients into TM bowl and set dial to closed lid position and knead for 1 minute 30 secs at Interval speed.
Turn mixture onto Thermomat and shape into a fat sausage. Cut into 10 even sized pieces.
Roll each one thinly and place onto baking sheet lined with baking paper.
Lightly brush each biscuit with lightly beaten egg white and sprinkle with extra sugar if using as a sweet biscuit. If using with cheese you could omit the sugar.
Bake at 230 degrees for approx 10 to 12 minutes until golden brown all over. Cool on wire rack
Olive Oil biscuits
Accessories you need
These are adapted for Thermomix from Jamie Oliver's book "Jamie does Spain, Italy, Sweden, Morocco, Greece, France". They are a cross between a biscuit and a bread. They are unusual and tasty and can be served warm or cold. They could be presented with a cheese board.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Blue Cheese & Sesame Biscuits
- Kick-ass Cheddar Cheese and Jalapeño Biscuits
- Paleo Focaccia Loaf
- Pumpkin, Cheese & Bacon Scones
- Spinach and Ricotta Rolls
- Gluten Free Quiche Base
- Red Tortoise Cake - Ang Ku Kuih
- Parmesan Cheddar Crackers
- Chillean Empanadas
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls