- 150 g plain flour
- 120 g Butter, chopped
- 50 g Mascarpone cheese
- 20 g iced water
- 4 red capsicums, cut into halves, deseeded
- 80 g extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 bunch fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 bunch fresh parsley
- handful --- fresh chives
- 30 g Gherkins
- 20 g baby capers, drained
- 30 g lemon juice
- 40 g balsamic vinegar
- 4 eggs
- 125 g thickened cream
- 120 g Mascarpone cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 100 g prosciutto, sliced into pieces
Preheat oven to 180oC and grease a 20-25 cm tart pan (that has a removeable base) and set aside.
Place flour and butter into mixing bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 6 until the mixture resembles fine breadcrumbs.
Add mascarpone cheese and water then knead 30 sec/.
Turn pastry onto ThermoMat or lightly floured surface then shape into a disc.
Wrap pastry in cling wrap and refrigerate for 20 minutes while you prepare the filling.
Place capsicum pieces under grill and drizzle with (approx) 40 g oil and cook for 20 minutes until lightly charred. Remove from heat then place in bowl and cover tightly with cling wrap. Set aside to cool completely.
To make herb mixture, place basil leaves, parsley, chives, gherkins, capers, lemon juice and 40 g oil into mixing bowl and chop for 3 sec/speed 7. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula and repeat chopping if required. The herb mixture should have the consistency of a smooth pesto. Set aside.
Peel and discard skins from capsicums and slice into thin strips and place back in bowl. Drizzle with balsamic vinegar (I used a scrummy pomegranate infused balsamic vinegar)
Roll out pastry onto ThermoMat or lightly floured surface to approx 2 mm thick then line your greased tart pan with pastry and trim edges leaving 1 cm overhang.
Line pastry with baking paper and rice/dried beans and (blind) bake for 10 minutes. Remove baking paper and bake for 10 minutes or until pastry is a light golden brown. Gently press down any pastry that has risen.
Place eggs, cream, mascarpone, salt, pepper and herb mixture into mixing bowl and mix for 10 sec/speed 4.
Place sliced prosciutto into the bottom of the pastry case then pour in egg mixture.
Cook tart for 20 minutes at 180oC or until filling has set around the edges (but is still slightly wobbly in the centre). Stand for 10 minutes.
Remove tart from pan then scatter with roasted capsicum strips to serve.
Accessories you need
Use half the herb mixture for the filling and garnish with other half of the herb mixture (as pictured)
I personally think this is a wonderfully adaptable recipe that allows you to change up flavours according to your own tastes - so try some different herbs or swap grilled capsicum for honey roasted pumpkin.
Recipe adapted from Master Chef magazine, October 2012, p. 70 (original recipe by 2011 winner Kate Bracks)
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Lunchbox Chicken Bites
- Sauerkraut, apple and bacon quiche
- Chicken and vegetable savoury muffin
- Sourdough discard crackers
- RSPCA Puppy Treats
- Boong eo ppang (Korean Fish Shaped Pastry)
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Easy Peasy Chocolate Cookies
- Thai pork with eggplant
- Chicken pot pie
- Creamy Chicken Macaroni
- Gluten free zucchini slice
- Frozen Choc Bliss Bar
- Roast Pumpkin with Fruity Rice
- Lemon Chicken Stirfry
- Donna Hay's Ultimate One Bowl Chocolate Dessert Cake
- Walnut, Feta and Quinoa Salad
- A Quiche for Cheats
- Two Tone (Chocolate/Hazelnut) Christmas Shortbread
- Choc Nut Slice
- Red Wine Brownies with Walnuts and Drunken Cranberries
- Chewy Chocolate Slice
- Sticky Date Cheesecake with Caramel Fudge Sauce
- The English Carrot
- Carrot and Almond Loaf
- Peach and Almond Dessert Cake
- I’ve tried every vegan chocolate energy ball recipe going – this is the best one
- Pecan biscuits
- JCN Protein Balls (sugar free)
- Spicy Peanut Satay Sauce (Thick)