- 175 g fresh parmesan (block)
- 200 g cold butter, chopped
- 200 g plain flour
- 2 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 1 egg lightly beaten with 1 tablespoon water
- Black sesame seeds to sprinkle
Place half the parmesan in the bowl and grate for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside and repeat with the remaining cheese.
Place butter, flour, sesame seeds and the other half of the cheese in the bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on speed 6
Set dial to closed lid position and knead for 10 -20 seconds to for a dough.
Cut into four and form each piece into a log 3 cm in diameter. Wrap firmly in plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until firm.
Cut logs into 5 mm thick slices and place biscuits 2 cm apart on greased oven trays. Brush with a little egg mixture and sprinkle with black sesame seeds, then bake for 12-14 minutes at 180c or until crisp and golden. Cool on trays
Serve with marinated olives
Parmesan cheese biscuits
Biscuits will keep for 1 week in an airtight container. Uncooked biscuit mixture will keep in refrigerator for 3 days or frozen for up to 1 month
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Banana and Pecan Cake
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise