- 3-4 medium Potatoes or sweet potatoes, Peeled and sliced into 3mm slices
- 1 medium Onion peeled, Sliced into thin rings
- 4-6 slices ham
- 1.5 cups grated cheese
- 4 slices short cut bacon, Lightly cooked
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup cream
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup chopped parsley
1. Fill the to the 1 litre mark.
2. Layer the potatoes and onions on the 2 trays, making sure you have left enough steam holes. Cover with the lid.
3. Cook on Varoma / 20-25 minutes/ sp 3, until potatoes are just cooked.
4. Leave to cool.
5. Preheat the oven to 180C and grease a 23cm square baking dish.
6. Place a layer of potatoes and onions on the base and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
7. Add half the ham slices to cover, followed by half the cheese.
8. Follow with another layer of potatoes, onions, salt and pepper, the remaining ham and half the remaining cheese.
9. Layer bacon on top, and cover with another layer of potatoes and onions.
10. Sprinkle remaining cheese on top, and then the parsley.
11. In a small bowl or jug, whisk together the eggs and cream.
12. Pour evenly over the potato/ cheese mix.
13. Bake for 45-60 minutes, until potatoes are cooked and golden.
14. Leave to set for 15 minutes before slicing.
Try adding your favourite veggies...carrots, sliced broccoli etc. Leave out the ham/bacon for a vegetarian option.
Or, layer the potatoes and cheese with left over bolognaise sauce.
Join my FaceBook group "Thermify me...!" for more recipes, tips and ideas.
Follow me on FaceBook at "Thermify me breadwinners" for bread rolls and yeast based recipes.
And check out my new ebook on breadmaking
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Ham and Cheese Gluten Free Quinoa Muffins (Dairy Free Variations)
- Tuna and Zucchini Slice (Gluten Free)
- Grain Free Pastry Crust
- Caramelised Onions
- Sweet Corn Fritter
- Healthy Pull-Apart Pizza Pinwheels
- Savoury veggie filled muffins
- Banana and Apple Bread
- Healthy Banana Flapjacks
- Cheese and bacon bread
- Tuna and Vegetable Muffins
- Grain free cauliflower samosas - Fiona Hoskin
- Heidi's German Streusel cake with apple and pudding
- Wholemeal rolls
- Orange Pound Cake
- Breakfast bread
- Hawaiian pineapple and coconut cake with a pineapple glaze
- All-In-One Banana bread with a Honey Cream Cheese Spread
- Choc-orange sandwich biscuits
- 5 ingredient Iced Vovo biscuits
- Rich tea biscuits
- Iced sweet buns
- Raspberry tartlets
- 60 minute lunch rolls
- British Take-Away Chicken Korma
- Indian Parsnip Soup with Coriander Sambal
- Variation Best Ever Carrot Cake
- Creamy Cauliflower & Bacon Risotto
- Irish Muffins (aka Rock Cakes)
- passionfruit meringue cake (womans weekly)
- Beef Stroganoff
- The Daily Mix - Chicken and Corn Soup
- Classic lemon tart
- That Thermo Woman - Toddler Pleasing Pasta
- Pumpkin, lime & coconut soup
- Madarica - Croatian chocolate slice