- 320 g butternut pumpkin, peeled & cubed
- 800 g water
- 30 g Butter, cubed
- 1 egg
- 30 g sugar
- 320 g self-raising flour
- pinch salt
- 40 g sultanas (optional)
- milk (to brush)
Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
Place 800g of water into TM bowl & pumpkin pieces into internal steaming basket then steam 15mins / Varoma / sp 2 or until pumpkin is soft (time will vary depending on how big your pieces are).
Use the hook on the spatula to remove the basket & let pumpkin drain while you tip the water out of the bowl. Tip pumpkin into TM bowl and puree 5sec / sp 5.
Add butter & blend 10sec / sp 5 to melt butter.
Add sugar & egg, combine 3sec / sp 5.
Scrape down mixture & add flour & salt. Combine 10 sec / sp 5.
Add sultanas and combine 15 sec / / sp 3.
Turn mixture out onto a floured Thermomat (it will be a bit sticky) and shape into a 20cm round. Cut into 8 sections, almost through to the bottom (careful not to cut your Thermomat!) so that they can be pulled apart easily once baked.
Brush with milk and bake on a lined tray in oven aprox 20-25mins until golden.
Pumpkin Scone Wedge
Delicious served warm with a little butter as an accompaniment for soup or on its own for afternoon tea!
Adapted from a recipe in 'Family Circle Hearty Country Cooking'.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Mushroom bolognese
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Portuguese Tarts - with lemon infusion
- Jaffa Bliss Balls
- Variation of Savoury Scrolls with Pumpkin Dough
- Super Simple Coconut Loaf
- Tomato Quinoa Soup
- Baked Peach Torte
- Chocolate Heaven (Brownies with Raspberries)
- Spicy Coconut Apple Twists
- Avocado Mayonnaise
- Jaffa Fudge Cake
- Chicken Tortilla Stack
- Healthy Chocolate Brownies (with carrot & spinach - shh!)
- Gin & Tonic Sorbet
- Freeken Good Freekeh Salad!
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Thai Fish Cakes (Tod mun pla)
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Plum jam with apple