- 75 g Butter, cut into pieces
- 150 g plain flour
- 50 g water
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1 tbsp wholegrain mustard
- 20 g Butter
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 leeks, white part only, thickly sliced
- 1 bunch asparagus, trimmed
- 250 g Hot-smoked slamon, coarsely flaked
- 3 eggs
- 125 g thickened cream
- 1 tbsp each of Dill and Chives, Coarsely chopped (optional)
- Preheat Oven to 200oC fan forced
Place butter, flour, salt and water into mixing bowl and mix 20sec/speed 4. Transfer pastry onto a ThermoMat or floured work surface and work into a ball.
Roll out pastry using a rolling pin. Line non-stick 24-26cm round fluted quiche tin with the pastry, prick with fork to avoid air bubbles and set aside. Clean and dry mixing bowl.
Spread the base of the pastry evenly with the mustard.
Place butter and oil in the mixing bowl, add leeks and cook 8mins/120oC/speed stir or until leeks soften.
Reserve 3 asparagus spears; coarsely chop remaining spears. Add salmon and chopped asaparagus to the mixing bowl and combine 1min/120oC/speed 1. Spoon into pastry case.
Rise bowl then add eggs, cream, dill and chives combine 40sec/speed 4. Pour over salmon mixture. Drop oven temperature to 180oC and bake for 30-35 minutes or until filling is just set.
Place remaining asparagus spears in a shallow heatproof bowl. Pour over boiling water and set aside for 2 mins to soak. Drain well. Place on the quiche. Serve warm or at room temperature.
I have also used a combination of salmon and tuna in this recipe and omitted asparagus spears on top of quiche.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Sausage rolls
- Maple Bacon Scrolls
- Cauliflower Keto Bites (sweet or savoury)
- 'Dorito-esk' Seasoning Shake
- Yogurt pizza dough
- Bacon Carrot & Corn Muffin
- Kel's Healthy Quick Pumpkin Scones
- Spinach and Cheese Pastizzi
- Cob loaf with croutons and spinach dip
- Homemade Sprinkles (Royal Icing | egg free)
- Strawberry Mint Lemonade
- Cheat's sourdough
- Creamy Garlic Lemon Butter Sauce
- onion sauce
- Basic Baleada
- CWA Afghan Biscuits
- Smooth Peanut Butter
- Apple Banana Muffins
- Lebanese Cabbage Rolls
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon