- 60 g cheese (Cheddar or Tasty)
- 75 g Butter, cut into pieces
- 150 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g water
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 50 g water
- 210 g tin of red salmon
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 125 g cream
- 4 eggs
- 40 g pine nuts
- 25 g Parmesan cheese
- 120 g frozen green peas
- 60 g Baby Rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 g olive oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the cheese into the TM bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Transfer into a bowl and set aside for use in the filling.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease with spray oil and flour a quiche tin (26cm) and set aside.
Place butter, flour, salt and water into TM bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Transfer pastry onto a ThermoMat or floured work surface and work into a ball.
Roll out pastry using a rolling pin. Line prepared tin with the pastry, prick with a fork to avoid air bubbles, and set aside. Clean and dry TM bowl.
- The Filling
Place the baby spinach leaves and the water into the TM bowl and cook
While the spinach is cooking:-
- drain the red salmon in a sieve, and take out the bone bits.
- finely slice the spring onions
- finely dice the fresh dill
Set all the ingredients aside seperately.
Pour the cooked baby spinach into a sieve and drain.
Transfer to a bowl.
Into the TM bowl add the cream, eggs and the grated cheese, and mix 30 sec/speed 4
Distribute evenly the red salmon, spinach, the chopped spring onions, and the diced fresh dill onto the pastry, and cover with the egg mixture.
Bake for 35 minutes (180°C) or until golden.
- While the quiche is baking, prepare the pea pesto.
Lightly toast the pine nuts in a shallow pan on your stove.
Place parmesan cheese into your TM bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Cover frozen peas with boiling water. Leave for 2 minutes, then drain.
Add to the grated parmesan cheese in the TM bowl, ALL of the ingredients and blitz
20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer to a serving dish.
Serve quiche hot or cold with large dollops of the pea pesto on top.
Also yummy served with a green leaf salad
The Cheese, and the Pastry
The Pea Pesto
Accessories you need
You can use your simmering basket instead of a sieve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Vegan Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Curry Laksa Cookies
- Chicken & Hidden Vege Sausage Rolls
- Dog Biscuits
- Vegemite and Cheese Stackers (with variations)
- Variation Ginger and Soy Glazed Salmon with Bok Choy and Coconut Rice
- Sun-dried Tomato and Basil Pizza Dough
- Breakfast Muffins
- Latvian Bacon Buns - Pīrāgi
- Nut Bar
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Hotteok - (Korean dessert)
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Mum's Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Gluten free pastry
- Gluten free Gingerbread
- Passata (no onion no garlic)
- Multi-seed Gluten Free Bread
- Passionfruit Curd
- Gluten Free Dagwood Dog in Sausage Roll Maker
- Decadent Chocolate Mousse
- Green Chicken & Veg Curry
- Heidi’s German Streusel Kuchen (Crumble cake) yeast free version
- Rich Tomato Sauce - for everything
- Sweet & Sour (not Pork) Cauliflower