- 60 g cheese (Cheddar or Tasty)
- 75 g Butter, cut into pieces
- 150 g plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 50 g water
- 60 g fresh baby spinach leaves
- 50 g water
- 210 g tin of red salmon
- 2 spring onions
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill, finely chopped
- 125 g cream
- 4 eggs
- 40 g pine nuts
- 25 g Parmesan cheese
- 120 g frozen green peas
- 60 g Baby Rocket leaves
- 1 tablespoon fresh dill
- 1 clove garlic
- 60 g olive oil
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Place the cheese into the TM bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Transfer into a bowl and set aside for use in the filling.
Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease with spray oil and flour a quiche tin (26cm) and set aside.
Place butter, flour, salt and water into TM bowl and mix 20 sec/speed 4. Transfer pastry onto a ThermoMat or floured work surface and work into a ball.
Roll out pastry using a rolling pin. Line prepared tin with the pastry, prick with a fork to avoid air bubbles, and set aside. Clean and dry TM bowl.
Place the baby spinach leaves and the water into the TM bowl and cook
While the spinach is cooking:-
- drain the red salmon in a sieve, and take out the bone bits.
- finely slice the spring onions
- finely dice the fresh dill
Set all the ingredients aside seperately.
Pour the cooked baby spinach into a sieve and drain.
Transfer to a bowl.
Into the TM bowl add the cream, eggs and the grated cheese, and mix 30 sec/speed 4
Distribute evenly the red salmon, spinach, the chopped spring onions, and the diced fresh dill onto the pastry, and cover with the egg mixture.
Bake for 35 minutes (180°C) or until golden.
While the quiche is baking, prepare the pea pesto.
Lightly toast the pine nuts in a shallow pan on your stove.
Place parmesan cheese into your TM bowl and grate 10 sec/speed 7.
Cover frozen peas with boiling water. Leave for 2 minutes, then drain.
Add to the grated parmesan cheese in the TM bowl, ALL of the ingredients and blitz
20 sec/speed 7.
Transfer to a serving dish.
Serve quiche hot or cold with large dollops of the pea pesto on top.
Also yummy served with a green leaf salad
The Cheese, and the Pastry
The Pea Pesto
You can use your simmering basket instead of a sieve.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Super Soft Pesto Scrolls
- Fridgetatas (steamed egg cups)
- Onion and goat cheese scrolls
- Sun dried tomato and halloumi bread
- Savoury Vegetable Medley Muffins
- Low Carb Cheese and bacon Cauliflower muffins
- Grain Free Pizza Base (AIP, paleo, low carb, yeast free, egg free)
- Spinach and Cheese Burek
- Savoury Brekkie Slice
- Cheese scones
- Jo's Southland Cheese Roll's
- Brie and Salmon quiche
- Nut Bar
- Lasagne with Spinach and Ricotta
- Hotteok - (Korean dessert)
- Chicken and Yoghurt Curry (Dahi Murgh)
- Mum's Homemade Tomato Sauce
- Lebanese Easter Biscuits (Ma'amoul Biscuits)
- Passionfruit Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Lemon Curd Slice (Gluten-Free)
- Pearl Barley with Spinach & Pork Mince
- Lemon Delicious Pudding
- Apricot Loaf (Non-Dairy)
- Date & Walnut Loaf (Gluten Free & Non-Dairy)
- David's Dhall
- Mudslide with Keto IceCream
- Adrian Richards Banana Bread
- Top Deck Caramel Crunch
- Fluffy Keto Cheesecake with Gin infused Lemon Curd
- Kefta and Potato Casserole with Lebanese Rice
- Family Chocolate Cake
- Zoe's Turkish Bread Pride, Pizza Base or Rolls
- Zoe's Mundella Greek Honey Yoghurt using the Crock Pot Express to Set
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart