- 7 grams active dry yeast
- 1 teaspoon raw sugar
- 250 grams warm water or milk, (60g + 190g)
- 320 grams plain flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 40 grams olive oil, (plus extra to brush cooked pida)
- 75 grams baby spinach, (washed and drained)
- 100 grams Fetta Cheese, (cubed)
- 40 grams olive oil
- 1 small onion, (quartered)
- 1 - 2 garlic cloves
- 1/2 teaspoon chili powder, (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon yoghurt
- 2 tablespoons water
Place yeast, sugar and 60g warm milk/water in TM bowl. Mix for 10 seconds on Speed 2. Let mix rest for 5 minutes.
Add flour and salt, 190g warm milk/water and olive oil to yeast mixture. Mix for 5 seconds on Speed 7 to bring ingredients together. Knead for 1.5 minutes on. Place on Thermomat, brush with olive oil, wrap and put aside for about an hour at room temperature until dough rises to double its size.
Place the onion and garlic in the TM bowl. Chop for 3 seconds on Speed 5. Scrape down bowl.
Add the olive oil and saute for 2 minutes at 80 C on Speed 1.
Add the spinach, feta cheese and spinach. Chop for 4 seconds on Speed 4.
Mix yoghurt and water in a small bowl.
Preheat the oven to 500 F (250 C).
Place the dough on the Thermomat (lightly floured). Press all over with your hands to remove any air bubbles. Cut the dough in 2 pieces with spatula. Knead and give a ball shape to each. Use your hands to flatten and then use a rolling pin to give a long oval shape each one.
Divide the filling in two and spread on each dough shape. Fold the long sides towards the inside, and then twist the ends to give a boat shape.
Place baking paper on an oven tray, and then arrange the pidas on it. Brush some yogurt mixture along the edges.
Place the tray on the middle rack and bake for about 15 minutes. Immediately brush butter or olive oil on the edges.
You can use different fillings to vary the result or just make the pide without filling to accompany dips.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apricot, Pinenut and Rosemary Shortbread Gluten Free
- Pumpkin Scones
- PIZZA BASE (GLUTEN FREE, CORN FREE, SULPHUR FREE, NUT FREE)
- The Ultimate Mousetraps
- Bacon, Celery & Cheese Muffins
- Annabel Langbein's Sesame Lavosh
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Herby Ricotta & Courgette Muffins
- Gluten Free crispbread, crackers, flatbread, matzo
- Vegan Paleo Zucchini Bread
- Curry Laksa Cookies
- Chicken & Hidden Vege Sausage Rolls