- 300 grams plain or bakers flour
- 130 grams unsalted butter, chilled and chopped
- 100 grams water, chilled
- 2 meduim potatoes, peeled and cut into quarters
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into four
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 Swede, peeled and cut into quarters
- 1 tablespoon Vegetable stock paste, from EDC or BCB
- pepper, to taste
- 1 egg
- 50 grams Milk
Preheat oven to 160°C.
Add flour and butter, mix on speed 10 for 10 seconds
Add water and combine for 10-20 seconds on speed 8 until pastry has formed into a ball.
Transfer pastry onto a Thermomat and wrap tightly in plastic wrap. Rest for 30 minutes in fridge.
Add all filling ingredients to bowl and chop for 5-8 sec/speed 5
After pastry has rested, roll out pastry and cut into circles, use plenty of flour on mat and on top, don’t let any butter come through.
Place a few spoons of filling into half circle (what ever size pasty you want, I use a butter plate - do not cut with a knife on your Thermomat, I use my TM spatula).
In a small bowl, combine egg and milk to create an egg wash.
Egg wash half of the circle and fold and crimp with a fork. Place the pasties on a baking tray lined with baking paper and, using a pastry brush, apply the egg wash.
Bake in preheated oven until golden (approx. 30 minutes).
Enjoy warm with tomato ketchup or chutney. 0
Accessories you need
Oven temperatures in this recipe are for fan-forced ovens. Bake at 180°C for conventional ovens.
Left over filling can be frozen for another time, as can pastry. Both can be kept in fridge for a day or two also.
I freeze my pasties and re-heat for a few minutes in the microwave for a quick hot lunch
Extra flavours (herbs, sauce etc) can be added into your pasty mix, but I like this plain flavour
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zuchinni, rice slice
- GF DF Savoury Muffins
- Parmesan Garlic Flatbread
- Tasty Tofu Patties
- Zucchini Slice - paleo, keto, gluten free
- Cranberry & Prosciutto Stuffing Cups
- Mushroom bolognese
- Hidden veggie chicken sausage rolls
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Tasty Seedy Crackers
- Cheat's sourdough
- PIE MAKER- Zucchini Slice
- Keto Garlic Cheese Crackers
- Keto Crustless Quiche
- Big Batch Homemade Golden Syrup
- Baked Custard Tarts
- Dairy Free Mushroom and Bacon Carbonara
- Quick and easy Quiche
- Beef Cashew and Rice
- Lisa's yummy "plain" biscuits
- Curried Cabbage with Cashews (Vegan)
- Easy "no milk" chocolate milkshake - vegan sugar free single serve
- Individual Trifles like Balfours - kid friendly
- Easy TM5 Honey Yoghurt
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Grain free chocolate mud cake cupcakes
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- Healthy chicken burgers
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Plant Based Nacho Cheese
- Nut butter Porridge
- French Vinaigrette Salad Dressing
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Zuchinni, rice slice