- 4 mandarins, 3 peeled, one with peel
- 170 grams Butter
- 3 eggs
- 100g sugar
- 250g Self Raising Flour
- 80g almonds
- Milk, As required to get "cake batter" consistency
We have a very produtive mandarin tree so have been trying out a few recipes - this is still a bit rough but the result is pretty good
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Add muffins papers to a muffin tray. (makes 12-15 large muffins).
2. Add almonds to bowl, mix 10 sec/speed 8. Set aside
3. Place mandarins (broken into quarters, pips and all), peel from one mandarin and butter into mixing bowl and mix 7 sec/speed 8, scrape down the bowl sides and mix for another 15 sec/speed 8.
4. Add remaining ingredients, including almonds, and combine 20 secs/speed 4. Check the consistency - add a good glug of milk (depending on size and juicy-ness of mandarins) to get a reasonably thick batter. Mix again for 10 secs/speed 4
5. Spoon large dollops into muffin cases and bake for 30-35 minutes or until skewer comes out clean. Watch that they don't burn
30 Second Mandarin Cakes
Accessories you need
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.