- 200 g almonds
- 2 small green apples, unpeeled, quartered and cored
- 75 g wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1 orange, zest only
- 50 g macadamia nut oil
- 50 g Maple syrup
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 250 g Light cream cheese
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 2 tsp lemon juice
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 180C. Grease a 20cmx20cm brownie tin with olive oil spray and line with baking paper.
2. Place almonds into mixing bowl and mill 10 sec/ speed 9. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula. Transfer almond meal into a bowl and set aside.
3. Place apples into the mixing bowl and chop 10 sec/ speed 8. Scrape down sides of mixing bowl with spatula.
4. Return almond meal to the mixing bowl and add flour, baking powder and orange zest. Mix 20 sec/ speed 3.
5. Add oil, maple syrup, egg and vanilla extract and mix 10 sec/ speed 4.
6. Pour mixture into prepared tin and bake for 25-30 minutes (180C) or until a wooden skewer inserted into the centre of the cake comes out clean. Allow the cake to cool in the tin for 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack.
1. Place cream cheese, honey and lemon juice into mixing bowl and mix 10 sec /speed 6. Scrape down the sides of the mixing bowl with the spatula and mix 10 sec/ speed 6 until smooth and creamy.
2. Allow cake to cool, drizzle over icing and cut into 16 squares.
Slice will keep in an air-tight container for 3 days, or frozen for up to 3 months.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Date and Walnut Roll
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup
- Savoury Halloumi Muffins
- Meat Dumplings
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Cheese Dreams
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!