- 3 granny smith apples, peeled, cored, cut into 8 wedges, then cut into 1/2 cm thick slices
- 2 tablespoons Cointreau®
- 200 grams canola oil
- 230 grams Milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 2 teaspoons orange zest
- 200 grams plain flour, plus 2 tblsp extra
- 215 grams caster sugar, plus 1 tblsp extra
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 2 egg yolks
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 180°C and prepare 20 muffin cases.
Toss apple pieces with Cointreau and set aside.
Add oil, milk, 2 whole eggs, orange zest and vanilla to TM bowl. Mix 3sec/spd4.
Add flour, caster sugar, baking powder, salt, 1/2 teaspoon cinnamon. Mix 5sec/spd4/"Counter-clockwise operation" .
Transfer 1 cup of the batter to a bowl and mix in remaining 2 tablespoons of flour.
To the remaining batter in the TM bowl, add 2 egg yolks and mix 3sec/spd4.
Add apple pieces to batter in TM bowl and mix 5sec/spd2/"Counter-clockwise operation" .
Spoon apple batter into muffin cases until 1/2 full. Make sure apple pieces are covered with batter.
Top with the reserved thicker batter (approx. 1 tablespoon per muffin).
Combine extra tablespoon of caster sugar and 1/2 teaspoon of cinnamon to create cinnamon sugar. Sprinkle over muffins.
Bake 20 minutes at 180°C or until golden on top and an inserted skewer comes out clean.
Modified from Apple cinnamon custard cake. I find muffins to be more versatile and easy to freeze for snacks.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Lemon and Pecan Syrup Loaf
- Apple Kuchen Slice
- Tuna, Zucchini and Pea Slice
- Miso Chicken Ramen
- King Neptune Pie
- Pistachio and Rose Semolina Cake
- Cinnamon Spice Biscuits
- Tuna and Champignon Toasts
- Jamie Oliver's Vegan Dim Sum Buns (steamed mushroom buns)
- Challah Bread
- Tomato Tart
- Orange and cocoa balls
- Banana Cake
- Janine's Berry Bounty Bites - Thermie and Friends
- GF Slow cooker Roast Lamb Leg and Gravy
- GF Protein Balls
- Persimmon Pudding (Percy Pud)
- Lemon & Tahini Dressing
- Tofu alfredo sauce
- Nutella Ice Cream (no eggs)
- Terri's Sweet Potato and Coconut Soup
- Zesty Middle Eastern Pearl Couscous
- Paleo Spiced Almond and Date Hot Chocolate (Vegan, GF)
- Chocolate Crunch Slice