1 tblsp dried yeast
500g bakers flour
1 tsp salt
70g soft butter
2 tsp ground cinnamon
1 tsp ground nutmeg
80g diced apricots
100g white choc bits
Piping for buns
50g plain flour
1 tsp olive oil
2 tblsp hot water
2 tblsp sugar
- 1.Place milk and yeast in mixing jug and heat 3 mins/temp 37/speed 1. Make sure the yeast has fully dissolved. I found this took longer with cold milk so I had to add an extra minute to this step
- 2.Add all other ingredients (except apricots and choc bits) and knead for 6 mins
- 3.Now add the apricots and choc chips and mix reverse/10 sec/sp 5 or by hand if the mixture is too thick.
- 4.Place dough in a bowl and cover with a tea towel. Place in a warm spot to prove for at least 30 mins or until doubled in size.
- 5.Knock down dough and break off small bits. Roll into balls (a bit bigger than a golf ball) and place close together on a lined oven tray. Set aside to prove a 2nd time until they have about doubled in size.
- 6.Preheat oven to 220°C
- 7.Make the piping for the cross. In your mixing jug mix 50g plain flour, 1 tsp olive oil, 70g water. Mix for 20 sec/sp 4. Pipe the cross on your hot cross buns.
- 8.Bake in oven for 15 mins until golden brown.
- 9.As soon as they are out of the oven glaze with the syrup.
Spelt flour also works well for these hot cross buns. Simply use 500g spelt flour and 2 tsp of bread improver in replace of baking flour.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...