- 100 grams pecans
- 275 grams bananas
- 180 grams dark muscovado brown sugar
- 180 gram Butter softened
- 3 large eggs
- teaspoon vanilla extract
- 250 gram Self Raising Flour
- 250 grams full fat cream cheese
- 40 grams light brown soft sugar
- 2 tablespoons Maple syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 50 grams pecans – about 24 halves
- 2 tablespoons maple syrup extra
Preheat oven to 180 degrees c. Grease and line a 22 cm round cake tin with baking paper
Place nuts in bowl and chop for 1 – 2 seconds on speed 5. Set aside
Place bananas in TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5
Add sugar, butter, vanilla extract, eggs and flour and mix for 30 seconds on speed 5.
Scrape down the sides and mix for a further 30 seconds on speed 5
Add pecan nuts and mix for 5 seconds, reverse, speed 4
Place in cake tin and smooth top with spatula
Bake for 50 minutes or until springy to touch. (check after 30 minutes and cover loosely with foil to prevent overbrowning.
Allow to cool for 10 minutes then turn out onto a rack to cool completely.
Place the cream cheese, sugar, vanilla extract and 2 tablespoons maple syrup into TM bowl and mix for 20 seconds on speed 5.
Toast the pecan nuts for 1 to 2 minutes in a non-stick pan over a medium heat. Add the extra 2 tablespoons maple syrup and cook for a further minute, until the nuts are glossy and the syrup has almost evaporated.
Top cooled cake with frosting and scatter with caramelized pecan halves
Describe the preparation steps of your recipe
Banana and Pecan Cake
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Parsnip, Carrot and Chickpea Stew
- Parsnip, Carrot and Zucchini Frittata
- Parsnip, Bacon and Thyme Soup
- Orange and Raspberry Puddings
- Curried Parsnip Soup
- Silverbeet, Leek and Gruyere Tart
- Silverbeet and Lamb Rogan Josh
- Thai Chicken and Quinoa Patties
- Chicken and Vegetable Pasta Bake
- Salmon Fish Cakes
- Pork Hongroise
- Piquant Pork