- 1 green apple
- 100 g almonds
- 250 g dried figs
- 75 g lightly flavoured oil
- 2 eggs
- 4 ripe bananas
- 125 g sour cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla essence
- 150 g flour
- 1 tbsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
1h 0minPreparation 10minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
9Afternoon tea Breakfast Brunch Snack Supper Alcohol-free Autumn Christmas Easter Father's Day Mother's Day Spring Summer Valentine’s Day Winter Baking BBQ Birthday Buffet Children birthday Everyday Holiday Kids in the kitchen Party Picnic Canadian USA Creative Easy Low budget Natural Quick New Zealand American Australian European Bread Cake Gateau Appetizer Dessert British & Irish German Mediterranean
1. Preheat oven to 180C & line an 8in round cake tin.
2. Add apple to TMX Bowl, chop 5 secs / spd 5. Set aside.
3. Clean & dry bowl.
4. Add almonds to TMX bowl, mill 10 secs / spd 10. Set aside.
5. Add figs, oil, eggs, bananas, sour cream and vanilla to TMX bowl, chop & combine 20 secs / spd 10. (You could use frozen bananas, if you do, scrape down bowl & repeat this step.)
6. Add flour, baking powder, almonds & turmeric to TMX bowl - combine 10 secs / spd 5.
7. Add chopped apple, combine 10 secs / spd 5.
8. Pour into lined tin & bake for 50-60 minutes until a skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Cover with foil after 40-45 minutes.
9. Let cool for 10 mins before turning out.
Accessories you need
This recipe is sugar free but you don't even notice.
Serve warm with nutella as the original recipe suggests or with a little butter.
Slice thickly & toast, serve with yoghurt, berries & a little maple syrup for breakfast with some flaked almonds on top.
Recipe converted from //thermomixbakingblogger.com/2015/09/18/healthy-banana-and-fig-bread-with-almonds
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Apple Crumble Tea Cake
- Christmas Fruit Cake
- Swiss Chocolate Slice
- Marble Butter Cake
- Grandma's Yo-Yo's
- Honey cheese bread
- Hot Cross Buns- Dark Chocolate and Sour Cherry
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- American Breakfast Pancakes (Nigella Lawson)
- Cheesy Quinoa Zucchini Slice
- Saving Citrus
- Roast Pumpkin & Garlic Hommus
- Deluxe Carrot Cake
- Strawberries & Cream Fudge
- Raspberry & Coconut Macaroons
- Super Creamy Raspberry Sorbet
- Sneaky Chocolate Cupcakes with Raspberry Frosting
- Campfire Hot Chocolate
- All-In-One Salmon Dinner with Coconut Sauce
- GF Zucchini & Parmesan Loaf (Primal)