- 200 gram Beetroot
- 100 gram Dark cooking chocolate, (Chopped or Melts)
- 20 gram unsalted butter
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 40 gram almond meal
- 35 gram cocoa powder
- 60 gram caster sugar
- 100 gram walnuts, (Roughly Chopped)
- 1 Orange rind
Bake the Beetroot in the oven until it softens and allow to cool, then remove the skins and cut into quarters.
2. Preheat Oven to 180 degrees. Grease either muffin tins / brownie tin or 18cm square tin. (I did these in square muffin tin)
3. Melt the chocolate and butter in the microwave in 20 second intervals stirring each time until smooth. Allow to cool.
4. Peel an Orange and place rind into TM bowl and blitz on speed 10 for 10 seconds.
5. Add the Beetroot pieces to the rind in the TM bowl and puree for 10 seconds on speed 10.
7. Add 2 eggs and vanilla extract to TM bowl and mix for 5 seconds on speed 5.
8. Add Almond Meal, Cocoa, Sugar and Melted Chocolate to TM bowl and mix for 15 seconds on speed 5.
9. Add Crushed Walnuts and mix for 10 seconds on speed 2.
10. Pour mixture into tin and smooth the surface. Bake for 15-20 minutes or until the top is firm and and crumbs cling to a skewer when insterted into the centre.
11. Allow to cool before slicing if in a cake tin.
171 calories/ 10g Fat /10g Sugars/ 15.8g Total Carbs when I input the ingredients into my fitness pal.
Omit the caster sugar altogether if you wish as I think the chocolate will give enough sweetness.
I usually roast a large batch of beetroots and cut up into quarters and freeze leftovers for making dips or cakes another time. Just take out to defrost prior to use.
Like my page 'Kosi's Mix' on Facebook //www.facebook.com/pages/Kosis-Mix/114293402083479?ref=hl if you want to stay up to date with Thermie treats and recipe postings.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Raspberry and Chocolate Cheesecake Brownie
- Refined Sugar Free Muesli Bars
- CRUMBLE CAKE WITH CUSTARD AND FRUIT (STREUSELKUCHEN)
- My Grandma`s Cheese Cake
- Banana Oat Cookies
- Nut free Muesli Bars
- Sugar Cookie Dough
- Peanut butter and popcorn muesli bars
- Soph’s banana cake
- Chocolate chip biscuits
- Banana bread with sultanas
- Variation Banana Muffins
- Mum’s Koulourakia (Greek Easter Biscuits)
- Celebration Cookies
- Omelette / Frittata (Basket Method For 1)
- Ham, Lentil & Kale Soup
- Cauliflower and Cumin Fritters
- Peanut Butter and Coconut Cream Ganache / Icing
- Raspberry and Banana Breakfast Loaf
- Perfectly Poached Eggs
- Magic Bean Cheesecake Balls
- Pear Tart Fresh and Light (Donna Hay)
- Spinach and Cheese Gnocchi with Leek, Tomato, Capsicum Sauce
- Chicken, Rice and Greens Soup
- Beetroot pickle
- Hidden Goodness Açai Smoothie
- Fudgy Chocolate, Beetroot and Banana Cupcakes
- Vegetarian Chickpea and Mushroom Burgers
- Mexican Sandwich
- Beetroot And Chickpeas Kebab:
- Veg Sandwich
- Moist Beetroot Brownie
- Beetroot Smoothie (GF DF NF AIP)
- Beetroot and Feta Tart
- Orange, Beetroot and Carrot juice- with a kick of ginger!
- Tomato-less tomato sauce (AIP friendly)