THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 420g can KIDNEY BEANS, drained and rinsed well
- 1 tbsp brewed coffee or water
- 1 tsp Vanilla powder
- 125 g Butter, chopped into cubes
- 5 eggs
- 140 g Rice malt syrup
- 50 g Raw Cacao
- 25 g hazelnut meal
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp bicarb soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 100 g 85% dark chocolate, broken into pieces
- 80 g pure cream
- 1/2 Cup hazelnuts, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup macadamias, roughly chopped
1. Line a 23cm cake tin with baking paper. I use a springform tin, but that’s because I’m paranoid. Preheat the oven to 180 degrees celsius.
2. Place the beans, coffee or water, 1 egg and vanilla powder in the TM bowl and process on speed 7 for around 10 seconds until smooth.
3. Without scraping down the bowl, place the butter and rice malt syrup in the TM bowl, and process for 30 seconds, speed 5. Add the remaining eggs and process for 20 seconds, speed 4.
4. Scrape down the sides of the bowl, and add the cacao, hazelnut meal, baking powder, bicarb soda and salt, and process for 15 seconds, speed 4.
5. Pour into the cake tin and bake for 30 minutes until skewer inserted into the middle comes out clean. Allow to cool for 5 – 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack to cool completely.
6. Combine dark chocolate and cream in TM bowl, and mix for 2 - 3 minutes at 37 degrees, speed 2, until chocolate has melted and ganache is glossy. Spread over the top of the cake, and top with the chopped hazelnuts and macadamias.
This is a variation of the original Magic Bean cake by Sarah Wong. This version is low-fructose (6.5g fructose including ganache, compared with 70g in the original cake) and includes nuts. It is very bittersweet - for hardened dark chocolate lovers!
For more recipes, visit www.dreamingofalmonds.com.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Zanzibar Spice Cake
- Chocolate Crunch Slice
- Best Ever Choc Chip Bikkies
- Mexican Chocolate and Banana Cupcakes
- Gluten free chocolate almond chunk cookies
- Dotty's Melting moments
- Chocy Fruity Bicky Slice
- Malt Slice
- Teenee's Butter Icing
- Simplicity Chocolate Cake
- Whole Orange and Poppyseed Cake
- Variation mango passionfruit baked cheesecake