- 2 tsp lemon zest
- 65 g sugar
- 250 g full cream milk
- 65 g warm water
- 1 tbsp instant yeast
- 500 g bakers flour
- 1 pinch salt
- 70 g butter at room temperature
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 3/4 tsp Nutmeg
- 120 g dried blueberries
- 1 egg, for egg wash
- 1 tsp water, for egg wash
- 1 cm icing sugar
- 3 tbsp butter at room temperature
- 2-3 tbsp Milk
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Preheat oven to 220 degrees.
2. Add lemon zest and sugar to TM bowl. Mill 10 sec / speed 9. Set aside.
3. Weigh in milk, warm water and yeast. Heat 3 mins / 37 degrees / speed 1. Leave to proof in the TM bowl for 5-10 minutes until you can see it bubbling.
4. Add flour, reserved lemon zest and sugar, salt, bread improver (if using) butter, egg, and spices. Mix 6 secs / speed 7. Then knead for 2 1/2 minutes. Whilst kneading, pour blueberries through the hole in the lid to combine.
5. Put the dough in a thermoserver or warm place to proof until doubled in size.
6. Knock down dough and separate into 12 portions. Arrange on tray and cover with damp cloth to proof again for another 30-40 minutes.
7. Brush the buns with the egg wash top and sides.
8. Bake for 15-20 minutes. They're ready if they sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. They will be very brown on top.
Allow to cool completely before adding icing crosses.
1. Add all ingredients for icing to TM bowl. Mix 10 sec / speed 4-5.
2. Pour into piping bag and pipe crosses over the top of cooled buns.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.