- 750 g mixed dried fruit
- 160 g water
- 200 g brown sugar
- 150 g Butter, roughly chopped
- 1 1/2 teaspoon mixed spice
- 1 teaspoon Bi-carb soda
- 100 g sweet sherry
- 150 g plain flour
- 150 g Self Raising Flour
- 1 egg
2h 30minPreparation 1h 0minBaking/Cooking
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Place the fruit, water, brown sugar, butter, mixed spice and bi-carb in the Thermomix bowl and cook for 6 minutes, 100°C, , . Scrape down the bowl and cook for 3 mintues, 100°C, , . Add the sherry and mix through with the spatula.
2. Leave in the Thermomix bowl for about 45 minutes, with the lid off, to cool.
3. Add the flours and egg and mix for 20 seconds, , speed 3.
4. Scrape into a greased and lined 23cm round cake tin. Bake in a pre-heated oven (160°C fan forced, 180°C standard oven) for 90 minutes. Allow to cool in the tin.
Serve warm with custard for a delicious winter dessert.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Caramilk Chunk Cookies
- Butter Cut Out Biscuits
- The perfect lemon tart
- Bubblegum Berry gummies
- Triple chocolate chip biscuits
- Corn Flake Crunch Cookies
- Paleo Meringue
- Grammy’s and Aunt Shirley’s Almond Cookies
- Cowgirl Cookies
- Choc Cranberry Muesli Bars
- Berry Baked Cheesecake
- Ultimate Sponge (Recipe Sandra Walker)