- 60 g organic raw cacao beans
- 2 tablespoons golden flaxseeds (linseeds)
- 40 g brown basmati rice
- 90 g Whole rolled oats
- 110 g Virgin coconut oil
- 60 g golden syrup
- 1-2 tablespoons water
- 1 tsp bicarb soda
- 60 g Desiccated Coconut
- 90 g whole oats, extra
- 150 g rapadura (sucanat) sugar
Preheat oven to 180 degrees C. Line two baking trays with baking paper.
Place the raw cacao beans, flaxseeds, 90g whole oats and basmati rice in the TM bowl and grind for 1 minute on speed 9. Decant into a bowl and set aside.
Place coconut oil, golden syrup and water in the TM bowl. Mix at 60°C for 1-2 minutes on speed 2 or until fully melted and combined.
Add bicarb soda and mix for 5 seconds on speed 3 until dissolved.
Return the ground cacao beans, flax, oats and rice to the TM bowl along with the remaining dry ingredients, including the extra whole oats, and mix on, speed 4 for 10-15 seconds until the mixture is just combined and comes together.
Drop tablespoonfuls of the mixture onto the prepared trays and flatten slightly with the back of a spoon, leaving enough room for spreading. Bake for 8-10 minutes. Allow to cool for 5 minutes on a tray, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Keep in an airtight container for up to one week.
These Anzac biscuits have a crunchy exterior and chewy centre. Add a little less water for a thicker, crunchy cookie and more for a chewy one which will spread thinner on cooking. They happen to be vegan, egg-free, wheat-free and higher in dietary fibre than conventional ones. I have used coconut oil in place of butter and added some extra nutrition by using freshly ground oat and brown rice flour instead of white flour. Of course you could use butter if you don't have coconut oil. I have also added flaxseeds to the mix. I have also used rapadura in place of brown sugar for the nutritional benefits.
For more recipes like this please check out my blog at: //mixingituphk.blogspot.com/
I am also on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mixingituphk
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Quick & easy pancakes
- Caramel Coconut Slice
- Butterfly cakes
- Masala chai spiced muffins
- Apple & Cinnamon Breakfast Bite
- Strawberry, Raspberry & White Choc Muffins
- Nan's Choc Chip Biscuits
- Allergy Friendly Jam Drops
- Nana’s (Now Mum’s) Welsh Cakes
- Apple and sultana muffins
- Banana Loaf Cafe Style
- Mini bakewell tarts
- Fudgy raw cacao bean, date & goji treat balls
- Dark chocolate, oat and spelt biscuits
- Moroccan lamb pizza
- Wheat, nut & dairy-free muesli slice/ bars
- Banana, oat and spelt pancakes
- Cheesy-mite scrolls (wholemeal)
- Raw Cacao bean & Goji berry treat balls
- Warm Jerusalem artichoke and baby kale dip
- Brioche Hot Cross Buns
- Easy Four Seed Crackers
- Creamy Cauliflower Sauce (vegan, nut free) adapted from pinch of yum
- Chelsea Winter's Crazy Italian chocolate cake (egg free, dairy free)
- Teriyaki Chicken and Noodles
- Pumpkin Butter Chicken
- Basilico Spago
- Pizza Bread Pull Apart
- Moroccan pumpkin soup
- Bindy's White Chocolate & Raspberry Mud Cake
- Peanut Butter & Choc Energy Muesli Bars