- 250 grams peanuts, dry-roasted
- 250 grams dark chocolate 70%
- 6 eggs
- 150 grams coconut oil
- 150 grams rapadura sugar or coconut palm sugar
- 1 tablespoon cacao powder
- 1 tablespoon baking powder (GF)
- 350 grams frozen banana, peeled and chopped prior to freezing
- 150 grams Cashews, raw
- 100 grams dates
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste or essence
- 200 grams dark chocolate 70%
- 50 grams dates
- 65 grams water
1. Preheat oven to 150⁰C and line a 20cm round cake tin with baking paper.
2. Grind dark chocolate for 10 seconds on speed 9. Set aside.
3. Grind peanuts for 5 seconds on speed 6. Set aside.
4. Combine eggs, coconut oil, rapadura sugar, cacao powder and baking powder - mix for 10 seconds on speed 6.
5. Add dark chocolate and peanuts - mix for 20 seconds on speed 6.
6. Pour into prepared cake tin and bake for 50 minutes until an inserted skewer comes out clean.
7. Cool on a wire rack for 15 mins then chill in the fridge while making the filling.
1. Grind cashews and dates for 20 seconds on speed 9.
2. Add frozen banana and vanilla paste - blend until smooth on speed 8, approx. 45 seconds.
1. Grind dates and dark chocolate for 10 seconds on speed 9.
2. Add the water and melt for 5 minutes at 90⁰C on speed 3.
3. Spread over the top of the cake and chill in the fridge before serving.
1. Slice the chilled cake in half horizontally with a large sharp knife.
2. Spread banana mousse filling on one half of the cake, not going all the way to the edges otherwise it will overflow when the other half is put on top.
3. Place the other half on top and spread with chocolate fudge icing.
Chill in fridge before serving and enjoy!
Chocolate Fudge Icing
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- PERFECTLY CHOCOLATE CAKE/CUPCAKE
- Creamy Fruit Cake
- Passionfruit and coconut cake
- Variation Clone of World's Greatest Banana Cake - quick wholemeal version
- Cranberry, Oats and White Chocolate Biscuits.
- Bounty Cake
- Double choc caramel slice
- French Chocolate Teacake
- Protein Bars
- All in one apple, carrot and blueberry cake
- Easy Lemon Cake
- Gingerbread Biscuits