- 150 g butter, cut into pieces, plus extra for greasing
- 6 eggs, seperated
- 1 pinch salt
- 200 g caster sugar
- 250 g dark chocolate, broken into small pieces (see Tips)
- 50 g plain flour
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
- Preheat oven to 200°C. Grease a springform cake tin (22 cm) and set aside.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Place egg whites and salt into mixing bowl and whip 6 min/speed 3.5 or until stiff peaks form.
- Add 20 g of the caster sugar and mix 20 sec/speed 3.5. Remove butterfly whisk. Transfer into a bowl and set aside.
- Place remaining 180 g caster sugar, egg yolks and butter into mixing bowl and mix 6 min/70°C/ speed 4.
- Add dark chocolate, wait a few seconds for chocolate to soften and mix 20 sec/speed 5.
- Add flour and mix 10 sec/speed 5.
- Insert butterfly whisk. Add reserved whipped egg white mixture and mix 15 sec/speed 3. Remove butterfly whisk. Transfer cake batter into prepared springform tin. Bake for 10-15 minute (200°C - see Tips). Allow cake to cool for 5 minutes in the tin and serve warm.
If using chocolate with 70% cocoa or more, reduce amount to 200 g.
The mixing method and short baking time produces a gooey mousse-like centre. If you prefer a firmer cake, bake for 20-25 minute (180°C).
This cake is delicious served warm with vanilla ice cream.
Quick chocolate cake variation: place chocolate into mixing bowl and grate 5 sec/speed 7. Add butter and melt 4 min/60°C/speed 2. Add flour, sugar, salt and eggs and mix 15 sec/speed 5. Transfer into springform cake tin (22 cm) and bake for approx. 20 minutes (180°C).
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- lynnes chocolate mud cake
- Home made Tim tam Cookie dough
- Fluffy scones
- Chocolate Brownie - Adapted from Long Track Pantry Jugiong NSW
- Oat and Date Bites
- Peppermint Chocolate Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Date Loaf
- Lemon Loaves
- Cherry & Apple Meringue Tart
- Cheesecake Brownies (cheat's version)
- Donna Hays Raspberry sweet bread wreath
- Delicious Healthy Banana Muffins
- Spiced pear jam and chorizo
- Barbecued pork ribs
- Satay noodle salad
- Taco seasoning
- Cheat's sourdough
- Spicy beef noodle soup (TM6 only)- Chef Mark Southon
- Sous vide fillet of beef with mushroom custard (TM6 only) - Chef Mark Southon
- Mashed potatoes
- Chiang mai noodles
- Spiced chocolate doughnuts - Louise Keats
- Steamed Sea bass in galangal, lemongrass & turmeric, wrapped in banana leaf & served with green mango salad - Chef Luke Nguyen
- Black sticky rice with taro & blue matcha ice cream - Chef Luke Nguyen