THERMOMIX ® RECIPE
- 65 g brown rice
- 1 tbsp golden flaxseeds (linseeds)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds
- half Pink lady apple (or any sweet apple), - optional
- 90 g whole oats
- 70 g rice bubbles (preferably brown)
- 25 g coconut, dessicated
- 70 g Raw caster sugar
- 2 tbsp pepitas or sunflower seeds
- 50 g coconut or avocado oil
- 2 large eggs
- 50 g Raw Honey
- 100 g white chocolate, melted (optional)
- 50 g dark chocolate chips
Pre-heat oven to 180 degrees C. Line the base and sides of a 3cm deep, 20 x 30cm rectangular pan with baking paper, allowing a 2cm overhang.
Add the flaxseeds, chia seeds and brown rice to the TM bowl and grind for 20 seconds on speed 9. Decant into a bowl and set aside.
Place the apple half in the TM bowl and grate for a few seconds on speed 5 - for a crunchier bar omit the apple. Scrape down the sides of the bowl.
This muesli slice is ideal for your chidren's lunchbox. It is very nutritious and largely allergen-free. For a bit of fun get the kids involved in drizzling a little melted chocolate over the bars. Wrap in a length of wax paper by folding in at the sides and rolling the bar in the paper, securing with a fun sticker!
This recipe is not over-sweet, so it is a good idea to include dates as part of the dried fruit mix for the extra sweetness.
Try different combinations of cereal in place of the brown rice bubbles, e.g. bran sticks, flake cereals (just make sure they are nut-free).
Add 50g white, milk or dark choc chips at step 4.
You can find more of my recipes on my blog at //mixingituphk.blogspot.com
or find me on Facebook at www.facebook.com/mixingituphk
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Pistachio rose lemon semolina cake by Layelle
- Healthy Peanut Butter and Chocolate Blondies
- Superhealthy Kids' Double Chocolate Banana Cake
- Delicious scones made in the Airfryer
- Chocolate and mixed berry muffins
- Super simple Cheesecake squares
- Go-to Lunch Box Choc Chip Banana Muffins
- Gluten Free Old Fashioned Sultana Biscuits
- Crispy date & chia bars
- Healthy chocolate weetix slice
- No Bake Cookie Dough Slice
- Peanut butter & Chickpea Blondies