- 450 to 500 grams Peeled Ripe Bananas, about 5 large ripe bananas
- 2 large eggs
- 60 grams honey
- 120 grams macadamia nut oil, (or any light flavoured oil such as sunflower or grape seed)
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 75 grams Coconut Flour
- 50 grams Vanilla Protein Powder
1. Pre heat fan forced oven to 170 C.
2. Line one 12 hole cupcake pan & one 6 hole cupcake pan with large paper patty pans.
3. Put peeled, roughly halved bananas into bowl and purée for 5 seconds, speed 6.
4. Scrape down bowl with spatula.
5. Add: Eggs, honey, macadamia nut oil, cinnamon, baking powder, coconut flour & protein powder.
6. Mix 10 seconds, speed 7.
7. Scrape down sides of bowl with spatula.
8. Knead; closed lid, 1 minute, interval setting.
9. Gently pour batter into patty pans using a small rubber tipped spatula to help. Half (1/2) fill patty pans.
10. Bake for 25 minutes (until a rich golden colour).
11. Allow to cool 10 minutes before placing on wire rack to cool completely.
Accessories you need
Once cooled, I freeze the batch and pop them in the kids lunch boxes frozen. By morning tea the muffins are thawed and moist.
Sometimes I use mini cupcake pans - makes about 30 mini muffins. Cooking time is reduced to 15 mins or until rich golden colour - be careful not to over cook as they can dry out!
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.