- 200g cooked, cooled pumpkin
- 1 large egg
- 50g caster sugar
- 60g Grapeseed Oil
- 375g wholemeal spelt flour
- 2tsp mixed spice
- 1tsp bicarbonate soda
- 1 1/2tsp cream of tartar
- pinch salt
8Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
Preheat oven to 200C and cover a slice tin with baking paper
Weigh pumpkin, caster sugar and oil into mixing bowl
Add the egg and combine ingredients, gradually increasing to speed 4 for 20 seconds or until pumpkin is smooth
Pour in flour, spice, bicarb, cream of tartar and salt; mix 25 seconds/dough(interval) speed.
Tip the mix onto a floured surface and gently bring together with your hands. Flatten to about 3cm thickness and cut into 16 small scones.
Put onto the prepared tray and bake for 10-14 minutes (depending on your oven). To test doneness, the scones should sound hollow when tapped on the bottom. Serve with coconut cream and jam/honey.
Accessories you need
Leave out the spice for a traditional pumpkin scone.
Plain or wholemeal flour can be used instead of spelt.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Date, Walnut and Ginger Loaf
- Budget Brownie
- Chocolate LCM bars - Gluten Free, Nut Free, Sugar Free
- Lemon Slice
- Orange & poppyseed muffins
- Quick Milo Muffins
- Quick & Easy Blueberry Cake
- Breakfast Bliss
- Mel's Oat and Coconut Bars
- Best South African Milktart (Melktert)
- Vegan Banana Bread
- Variation 30 Second Whole Orange Cake
- Hot and Smooth Chilli Sauce
- Pizza pasta salad
- Chicken and sweet corn soup
- Creamy spinach and mushroom pasta
- Mediterranean Carrot Fritters
- Pork apple & fennel meatloaf
- Broccoli, Cauli and Zucchini Soup
- Variation Apricot Chicken
- Caribbean Vegan Potato and Chickpea Curry
- Pad see ew
- Chicken Wing & Vege Soup
- Apple & Onion Parcels