- 80 grams unsalted butter, cut into small pieces
- 250 grams filtered water, room temperature
- 1 level teaspoon bicarb soda
- 1 level teaspoon Vanilla Bean Paste
- 1 level teaspoon mixed spice
- 100 grams Rapadura Sugar
- 150 grams spelt flour
- 150 grams wholemeal spelt flour
- 1/2 level teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 80 grams walnuts, roughly chopped
- 180 grams dates, roughly chopped
Recipe is created for
TM 5Please note that the TM5 mixing bowl has a larger capacity than the TM31 (capacity of 2.2 liters instead of 2.0 liters for TM 31). Recipes for the Thermomix TM5 may not be cooked with a Thermomix TM31 for safety reasons without adjusting the quantities. Risk of scalding by spraying of hot liquids: Do not exceed the maximum filling quantity and observe the filling level markings of the mixing bowl!
1. Grease two 20cm x 8cm roll tins and set aside.
2. Place water and butter in mixing bowl and heat 3 min/100C/speed 2.
3. Add bicarb soda and mix 5 sec/speed 1 until frothy.
4. Add remaining ingredients and mix 20 sec/reverse/speed 3. If necessary, use spatula to incorporate any remaining flour.
5. Divide mixture between the greased tins, secure lids and bake 160C fan-forced oven for 45 mins.
6. Remove from oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes. Remove
lids and gently slide the rolls onto a wire rack to cool completely. Serve with a little butter and enjoy!
Store rolls in an airtight conatiner for up to 3 days.
Accessories you need
Leaving the rolls in the tin to cool allows a little condensation to form which helps in sliding out the rolls.
Rolls can be frozen for up to 3 months
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Honey & Apple Cake
- Thai Green Chicken Curry with Coconut Rice
- Wild Rice and Cashew Salad
- Three Colour Fritatta
- Bacon & Lentil Chowder
- Pumpkin & Date Scones
- Chai Spice Hot Cross Buns
- Apricot Log
- Matcha Green Tea and Pistachio Icecream
- Pear & Hazelnut Fudge
- Yoghurt Panna Cotta with Saffron Syrup
- Cinnamon Pumpkin and Quinoa Salad
- Savoury Halloumi Muffins
- Meat Dumplings
- Fluffy Sweet Caramel Flan
- Traditional Carrot Cake
- Quick "Chocolate" Cake - Gluten Free
- Hong Kong Egg Tart
- Easy Banana Choc Muffins
- Chestnut Swiss Roll
- Best Ever Date Loaf
- Cheese Dreams
- Mumble Slice
- Variation Rice Pudding - recipe adapted to properly mix in the egg!