- 1 portion Luigi's 40 second biscuit dough from EDC book, (I used a 50/50 mix of almonds and walnuts.)
- 2 heaped tablespoons cacao powder (or cocoa powder)
- 250 grams Dark cooking chocolate melts or squares
- 180 grams Smooth peanut butter, (Quantity can be altered to taste.)
- 200 grams Shredded coconut, (Approximate measurement - see note in filling preparation section below.)
- 1 package Mini speckled eggs, (I used Walker's brand.)
Recipe is created for
Make one quantity of Luigi's 40 Second Biscuit dough as per instructions in EDC book. As a variation, add cacao powder when doing final mixing on interval speed. Refrigerate dough in cling wrap for about 30 minutes.
Roll chilled dough out to about 3mm thickness and cut with fluted cutter. Place each biscuit in greased patty pan tray and bake as directed in original recipe or until biscuits are crispy. Allow to cool in tin before removing and placing on wire rack so that the biscuits hold their 'nest' shape.
Chop chocolate pieces in TM bowl for about 10 seconds, speed 6-7. Add the 180g of peanut butter to the finely chopped chocolate. Melt together at 90C for 1 minute 30 seconds, speed 3 (or until melted).
Add the shredded coconut to the chocolate peanut butter mixture and gently mix "Counter-clockwise operation" on about speed 3 till combined. You may need to adjust the coconut quantity to get the right consistency for the nest.
Using two soup spoons, scoop the nest filling out of the TM bowl and place in the centre of each biscuit. Top each biscuit with speckled eggs before chocolate sets. You may wish to pop biscuits in the fridge to speed up the setting process for the filling, but I have found that - once set - the biscuits are fine to stay out of the fridge.
Assembling the Biscuits
Store in airtight container.
This recipe was provided to you by a Thermomix ® customer and has not been tested by Vorwerk Thermomix ® or Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand.
Vorwerk Thermomix ® and Thermomix ® in Australia and New Zealand assume no liability, particularly in terms of ingredient quantities used and success of the recipes.
Please observe the safety instructions in the Thermomix ® instruction manual at all times.
Other users also liked...
- Whole orange, date, walnut, chia and oat muffins
- Moreish Coffee Streusel Slice
- DATE, APRICOT AND CRANBERRY LOAF
- Macadmia Nut tartlets
- Chocolate Meringue Brownie Cake
- Melting Moments
- Chocky Rock Biscuits - Cornflake and choc chip biscuits
- Banana Bread Donuts
- Chocolate Malteser Slice
- Cacao Protein Slice
- White Choc, Macadamia & Rasberry Blondies
- Healthy Oat Slice